Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serena leads their h2h, but can Momo be consistent enough to create an upset in Roma?? :)

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Serena is looking very shaky, and amelie just beat jenn so she must be confident. In two sets, amelie will win. I see a bagel there too.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I don't remember Mauresmo ever beating Serena. She's been destroyed everytime they've played. To think of a bagel if that happens makes you even an unrealistic fan. Serena is no Capriati.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'd put my money on Serena for this one mainly because Serena is mentally stronger than Mauresmo.

But, if Mauresmo can execute a good game plan and remain confident in herself, she might have a shot.

Still, I say Serena is the prohibitive favorite in this matchup, and I hope that I am wrong, wrong, wrong. :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
You act as if Momo rolled over Jennifer. Did you not see a 12-10 tiebreaker like everyone else?

I'm going with Serena in two tight sets. It is clay, after all. :)

·
Banned
11 Posts
Starr ,

You are more realistic in your thought. That's the way it should be.
One should not be blinded from reality because of blind support to a player.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
No, I think that Serena will win! :D

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Momo has more to recover from physically, and mentally..Serena should win.

I hope it's a good match.

I WANT MY TENNIS CHANNEL~!

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Banned
986 Posts
Amelie's gonna be tough but I think Serena's hungry to win a tournament again and I bet she's totally pumped for this match knowing that Amelie beat Jennifer. Serena in 3 sets. :)

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Amelies balls tend to bounce up right where serena likes them, plus the fact this is clay, it will be a nice average comfortable bounce for hit to hit at. About like Justine's balls. Serena has no problems with them, its just that if she is off, she gets herself into troubles. I see a 6-3 6-4 win for Serena!

And damn Kim's draw just looks easier and easier by the minute :)

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I would be surprised if Mauresmo won, but it would be great!
And yes, kim's draw is quite easy, but that's ok, Serena Slam 'cause you like kim just as I do! :p If there would be an Ai-Kim semi final, I will be very curious what kim will do this time, anyway she's in excellent shape.
Serena and kim- final on Suday, I think.

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
eta psi said:
Serena is looking very shaky, and amelie just beat jenn so she must be confident. In two sets, amelie will win. I see a bagel there too.
Amelie has beaten Jen their last 4 meetings. She beat her at Wimby and advanced to the semis against Rena and lost 6-1,6-2. So, I wouldn't be too sure about a bagel maybe you are dreaming.

My opinion is that it will all come down to how Serena performs. She cannot afford to be off by the slightest against Amelie. Amelie knows how to play on the red clay, and Serena needs to bring her A game.

I say if Serena is on it should be a 2 setter, if she is struggling then it will go to three and Amelie will have an opportunity to upset the #1 seed.

Goooooooo babygirl, send the French packing!!!! :D

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Did you see the match, live...???

eta psi said:
:cool: Is it just "wishful thinking" on your part, or did you witness the match live? According to an article about the match, it just took Serena time in the first set to find her "range and rhythm" against a "true clay courter", who paced and sliced the ball well. If that's what you mean by "shakey", then try again. It only means that Serena had to change her game plan to one that would better afford her the win. Nothing more and nothing less.

Now, if indeed you witnessed the match and can offer a more "realistic" account of what happened, please do so. Otherwise, leave the "fortune telling to Ms. Cleo...!!!

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
I saw both players live in action and I'll go for Momo in 3 because se's very confident at the moment and Serena isn't :)
But Serena is Serena so I wouldn't be surprised if she leveld up her game tomorrow

1 - 20 of 28 Posts