Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
She was fighting back tears in the on court interview, but she has gathered herself now. She is a gracious champion.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I am fucking bawling now, absolutley bawling. Serena how could you do this to me? I was gonna set off fireworks and everything if you won.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Very gracious indeed. She was a tag upset when Sue Barker was interviewing her and indeed was trying to hold those tears of disappointment but after that it's all smile and congratulations to Maria.

Very good 'non-winner' (sorry, I just can't say Serena a loser)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Well, it's pretty obvious to me that she's not about to detract from the moment of her opponent with a temper tantrum, so good for her.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
serena's disappointment was seen by sue
she said she could see serean holding back..and shortened the interview.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,233 Posts
Don't cry Serena.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
It was soo obvious. She tried to force those smiles. Tears
were forming in her eyes. Sue Barker SHUT UP already.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Hmmmm....dissapointed for sure. SHe´s done well, she´s done well....just wasn´t meant to be today.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'd be upset aswell if i'd just put in a performance like that in the worlds biggest tournament:mad:

Congrats to Maria but serena was shocking today and i hope this loss hurts her big time. Its one think to give it your all and loose but when you play as poor as that aswell as show no passion or desire to win you should be disgusted.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
She told Bud Collins, "Only a few questions please" You could tell she was just trying to hold it together before going to her family and letting the tears out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Serena showed --- that despite losing a match many expected her to win --- she is a class act, all-around. Gracious in defeat, and genuinely happy for Maria on her accompolishment. :worship: Hopefully, Serena can put this loss behind her and look forward to the U.S Open! :)

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I don't think it will really hit Serena until she has time to leave the
area and really consider how it all went wrong.

It must feel really weird not winning it again. It's one thing to
lose to your sister or someone like the BOSS, who doesn't have
the same type of game style; but to fall to Maria? Maria plays
just like Serena.

·
8,263 Posts
Yeah Serena is fighting back tears, but she will bounce back. It shows again how much she wanted this, and I hope she win in US Open.

Well done Sue Barker for keeping the interview short, what a pro :worship:

·
Registered
27,900 Posts
serena :sobbing:

·
8,263 Posts
Greenout said:
I don't think it will really hit Serena until she has time to leave the
area and really consider how it all went wrong.

It must feel really weird not winning it again. It's one thing to
lose to your sister or someone like the BOSS, who doesn't have
the same type of game style; but to fall to Maria? Maria plays
just like Serena.
That's true, before the match I sawy that Maria play the same as Serena but not as fast and not as much experience, and therefore Serena will win. She will need to get back to work again. Both sisters lose to teenagers on their territory. It will be interesting how the rest of the year unfold if Belgians, Williams and Russians are fighting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's funny how fans think the players are doing this for fans. They are doing for themselves. Of course, as a fan you have to be ready for your favorite to lose because it will happen sometimes. I've always wondered how people derive joy when their favorite player wins and how they are saddened when they lose. It's weird, isn't it? :rain:

With that said, while I'm a bigger fan of Serena as a person after she showed class in defeat, I'm disappointed at Serena as a tennis player for her performance. Unlike some other Serena fans, I don't think she's the perfect player and it showed clearly in this match. She will have to work harder to get back to the top. In some ways this match may be good for her in the long run.

I have to give credit to Sharapova for being fearless out there. She really outplayed Serena. This should bring Serena down to earth. She needs to be more grounded in her beliefs about herself. I hope she doesn't think that her C game can win matches anymore against someone's A game(excluding the match against Amelie). A lot of players have improved in the past year. Good luck for the rest of the year, Serena! And get yourself together! You were a wreck on the court. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts