Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
yes, she double bageled someone back in '98.

this is her first GRAND SLAM double bagel. :)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Yup, that was it, it was Neiland.

I said Leiland in the other thread. :eek:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
well damn Joshua! ROFL!

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:worship: :worship:

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. said:
;) and to show you how much i'm obsessed, this is a tape of someone in the crowd videotaping the match....not one from tv.

regardless, it's still awesome :D
I was gonna say, Josh, I was there and it wasn't televised! It was like a Wednesday night if I recollect. :) I took my sister who had never been to a match before and it was over in a blink and I said, "Ok, this is a bad example of a good tennis match" and we stayed and watched some good doubles :)

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,438 Posts
Tratree said:
I was gonna say, Josh, I was there and it wasn't televised! It was like a Wednesday night if I recollect. :) I took my sister who had never been to a match before and it was over in a blink and I said, "Ok, this is a bad example of a good tennis match" and we stayed and watched some good doubles :)
LOL....I've got the doubles match too!

Seems like it was Neiland/Hingis vs. Halard/??

Anyways, I can't remember the guys name, but he was a big JC fan and had a load of tapes that I bought from him....he had a lot of vintage Venus and Serena (circa 98-99) matches. Brendan(?) was his name...and he wasn't the annoying Monica fan either.

BTW - hi Tra ;)

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Hmm....Zvereva was in there somewhere, maybe playing with Hingis? Neiland was definitely in it with maybe Els Callens or Halard. I don't remember, lol....it was so memorable ;)

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,971 Posts
Congratulations Serena :D She is on fire.

I would LOVE to see Serena vs Justine SEMI

make it happen girls!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I thought in an interview sometime ago Serena said she never scored a 6-0 6-0 victory before. but i might be wrong.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,438 Posts
She did, but she was wrong ;)

Venus has had 2 double bagels also and she remembers her first....in 1997 on grass at Eastbourne qualifying vs. a German girl...I forgot her name. Plus against Lucic last year at the US Open 1r.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. said:
She did, but she was wrong ;)

Venus has had 2 double bagels also and she remembers her first....in 1997 on grass at Eastbourne qualifying vs. a German girl...I forgot her name. Plus against Lucic last year at the US Open 1r.
I've never seen any record of a doubles bagel in 1997, you sure?? :confused:

:wavey: :wavey:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts