Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just my thoughts. Don't care if you agree or disagree. Venting and expressing myself.

In a way I'm kind of glad they all lost because this draw was rigged from the start. This section was deliberately designed for story lines and ratings which translates into money for the organizers. Best friends playing one last match, youngster taking on the vets who just happen to all be black, give me a break. It fell apart in their faces and I am glad it did. In fact, the players in the title of this thread may have played a part in how yesterday unfolded, feeling the way I feel and said, "you will not get glory off of my back, go ahead, let the youngster get her shine on. I will not be a part of your scheme to pit best friends and black women against each other.

For the first time I am not overly disappointed in Serena's loss, I never believed she would win the tourney anyway. I'm glad it happened in the 3rd round as opposed to her imploding in another final. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Serena will ever get to 24. Too much scar tissue, age, lack of fitness, etc. Serena and her man made the choice to do what they did when she was at the height of her powers. So many believed Serena would come back and easily pick up where she left off. Nope, not happening. Not even for the Great Serena Williams. Serena has to fully recommit to playing a fuller schedule if she wants another grand slam. Delegate those mommy duties, stay off red carpets, GET FITTER, etc.....your days of casually showing up at a grand slam and winning is OVER. Otherwise, be content with 23.

So far, the story of this tourney is all about Coco Gauff. Still don't like her and want SOMEONE, ANYONE to beat her. Her first serve does look more beefed up than in the past.

So, now that my fave (Serena) is out, I could give 2 shits about who wins, just not Pliskova. Also, I can now watch the tourney in peace.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Nothing new. There is always one day when big names collapse. WTA kept its face this time that it isnt the first round.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
The paranoia is strong with that part of the draw.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just my thoughts. Don't care if you agree or disagree. Venting and expressing myself.

In a way I'm kind of glad they all lost because this draw was rigged from the start. This section was deliberately designed for story lines and ratings which translates into money for the organizers. Best friends playing one last match, youngster taking on the vets who just happen to all be black, give me a break. It fell apart in their faces and I am glad it did. In fact, the players in the title of this thread may have played a part in how yesterday unfolded, feeling the way I feel and said, "you will not get glory off of my back, go ahead, let the youngster get her shine on. I will not be a part of your scheme to pit best friends and black women against each other.

For the first time I am not overly disappointed in Serena's loss, I never believed she would win the tourney anyway. I'm glad it happened in the 3rd round as opposed to her imploding in another final. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Serena will ever get to 24. Too much scar tissue, age, lack of fitness, etc. Serena and her man made the choice to do what they did when she was at the height of her powers. So many believed Serena would come back and easily pick up where she left off. Nope, not happening. Not even for the Great Serena Williams. Serena has to fully recommit to playing a fuller schedule if she wants another grand slam. Delegate those mommy duties, stay off red carpets, GET FITTER, etc.....your days of casually showing up at a grand slam and winning is OVER. Otherwise, be content with 23.

So far, the story of this tourney is all about Coco Gauff. Still don't like her and want SOMEONE, ANYONE to beat her. Her first serve does look more beefed up than in the past.

So, now that my fave (Serena) is out, I could give 2 shits about who wins, just not Pliskova. Also, I can now watch the tourney in peace.
keep taking your meds

·
Premium Member
37,935 Posts
Let's vent and express ourselves here!

I adoooooore the WTA tour and its surprises

the competition, the match-up's

the diverse styles, the diverse ages and experiences, the diverse characters, the diverse nationalities...

Can't wait to see what's next and will enjoy E-V'RY-THING.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts

Go Pliskova!

·
Registered
113,011 Posts
Serena is 38 and 4 months. It wont be easy to win a major now at 38 and the next major is not until late May
Wozniacki has rheumatoid arthritis and I think she can still be a YEC player with it, but its obviously affected her and I dont think she enjoys the training now, because day to day she is not as healthy as she would like. So she is finished when her last 3 tournaments were SF, SF and this close loss where she had a nice draw if she pulled it out
Osaka has very few titles and I expect this a lot. Win something big, lose to players like Putintseva, win something big a year or 2 later. Her game is explosive but inconsistent. I still think Osaka is one of the best 3 or 4 players, but expect some early round losses

·
Registered
284 Posts
"Serena and her man made the choice to do what they did"

Sounds like they robbed a bank or something :LOL:.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if Osaka made Wozniacki's retirement party with Madison and Serena...LOL...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts