Tennis Forum banner

Who will Win in their meeting!Serena or Mauresmo ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Mauresmo i hope

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
ozfan44 said:
Mauresmo i hope
"hope" will be the Key thing for Mauresmo in this match.

If Serena is on Mauremos has no chances. Like at the Italian Serena was firing and killed Amelie in that first set 6-1. But Amelie is going to have to "hope" serena is off. Or if Serena is on "hope" she lets up on her game to let her in the match. Again Like Mary C keeps saying. Right now Serena Williams is the only player out there right now that can beat Serena Williams. As good a player Amelie is, Serena can come out and dismiss her in 45 minutes like she is a top 100 player. But again, Amelie's "hope" factor will be in play, but hell we haven't even gotten to that damn round yet!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
um, shouldn't one wait to ensure that they both make their prospective match before predicting the winner?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Assuming they face each other and don't lose out earlier:

I want Mauresmo to go through, she has been playing well. However, she can be really off and we saw in the 1st round a set was taken to 7-5 before she closed it out. Anything like that against Serena and she has no chance in hell.

If Mauresmo can get this to a 3rd set, then I think it is hers for the taking. Serena can get agitated out there and just begin to look like she doesn't care..

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
cariosity said:
um, shouldn't one wait to ensure that they both make their prospective match before predicting the winner?
Spot on :)

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
if mauresmo/clijsters or henin played either of Williams' sister in the first round of any WTA event they would won

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Well if it wasn't RG I would give momo the advantage but I don't know if she can manage the pressure, so I'll say Serena

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Yes, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There are two rounds to be played before the quarters.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
They aren't in the quarters yet :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts