Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. She has a habit of kind of making a fist pump, even after an error by you or an opponent. She'll kind of look over at the opponent. Is that something that everyone will just accept or do you think it will be something that will kind of grate on people?

SERENA WILLIAMS: People are so picky and stuff. If that's what she does, let her do it. You know, it's like you can't pick on ‑‑ if you're grunting too loud. Let her grunt. I grunt loud. I pump my fist. It's so minute, you can't let it bother you. And that doesn't bother me at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen! (and i am not even religious! :tape: )

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:lol: :haha: :lol:

That's right!

See how they try to bait? Let's see if they try this in the men's post match interviews.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
At last someone is being sensible about it. Masha doesnt even have the loudest grunt I remember back in Germany Jen saying it was nothing like the noise Monica makes and such.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
DelMonte said:
She'll kind of look over at the opponent.
She doesn't look at the opponent btw, she only motivates herself, it's directed to herself.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wait a minute! I freaking hate Maria's grunts and that fist-pumpings after her opponents made errors. I found it low and disrespectful...yes...very immature...and yes she's 17...but...hey, a seventeen year old should have done better!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
nate_my_love said:
Wait a minute! I freaking hate Maria's grunts and that fist-pumpings after her opponents made errors. I found it low and disrespectful...yes...very immature...and yes she's 17...but...hey, a seventeen year old should have done better!
Yeah but coming from Maria it's inspirational and motivated at only herself. It's not disrespectful and somebody will probably say it's beautiful :rolleyes:

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
Kristofke said:
She doesn't look at the opponent btw, she only motivates herself, it's directed to herself.
Actually she does look at her opponent. However, Serena's 100% correct that's Maria's thing let her have it. It shouldn't bother a proffessional and if it does that's their problem not hers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Machu Picchu said:
Yeah but coming from Maria it's inspirational and motivated at only herself. It's not disrespectful and somebody will probably say it's beautiful :rolleyes:
I am one of those people who say that it is ugly and disgusting. She sounds like she's having sex or something along that line. Did you see a match of her against Davenport? Oh...mark my words! :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts