Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Her Press Conference..SEReNa wAs Asked this

Q. Was there a moment where you and Jennifer kind of patched things up? I know two or three years ago it didn't seem as maybe friendly as it is now off the court.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I mean, I never had a problem with Jennifer ever, I think. I don't know, I think it was more or less you guys who perceived ‑‑ I know it was a particular commentator, for a fact, an American commentator lady that said ‑ but I won't mention any names ‑ but she said that, you know, "You can just see that they don't like each other." It was really never. I'm always professional. I never had a problem with Jennifer.

And, you know, when I was younger, I used to watch her, and I admired her being able to come back, do so well, win those Grand Slams. You know, you can really see now that she's really happy and she's enjoying herself out there. I never knock anyone for being happy. I don't know where that really came from.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
She's right.

Jennifer was the one who had a problem with her.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Awwwwe, Serena just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. :kiss:

If only she would give her opponents credit, she would be my absolute favorite! :sad:

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
She's a liar. How could she say such a thing when she's lost a handful of matches to her? She's had a problem with Jennifer from time to time.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
gogomaggie said:
She's a liar. How could she say such a thing when she's lost a handful of matches to her? She's had a problem with Jennifer from time to time.
your logic astounds.

women can't leave what's on the court, on the court? :tape:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
gogomaggie said:
:eek:

the English language has phrases with so many different meanings...and i'm certain you have the wrong one...but i feel no sympathy cuz i think you're kinda of idiotic anyhow :)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
lizchris said:
She's right.

Jennifer was the one who had a problem with her.
care to explain that with some facts?? or are you just guessing?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
cheo23 said:
And, you know, when I was younger, I used to watch her, and I admired her being able to come back, do so well, win those Grand Slams..
She talks like it was when she was 5 years old :lol: It was only a couple of years ago, not memories from her child hood.

Rena is very classy in her interviews these days.

·
49,001 Posts
GermanBoy said:
What, do you think J-Cap is perfect or something?
God!

Jennifer was always the one being an ass towards her in the post match press conferences. Serena never did anything for Jen to dislike her, but Jen has done a helluva lot for Serena not to like her.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Nice comments from Serena. Often, it IS the media that tries to provoke the animosity and pretend women players hate each other, when there is actually no imperical evidence to prove that. They may not all be the best of friends, but nobody plays week in and week out on this level without earning some respect from their peers.

But the media often prefers to write about the catfights, because many of the male members of the press still have no respect for women athletes.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
hollywood7172 said:
care to explain that with some facts?? or are you just guessing?
Some gems coming out of Jennifer's mouth about Serena (wiht Venus included in one)

Wimbledon 2001:
She's always making excuses as to why she can't beat me. But I know the truth inside; I think most people do. (after she beat Serena in the QF though Serena was up 6-4, 5-3, 30-15).

French Open 2002:
They would not be ranked number one and two if Lindsay and Martina were here (after she was beaten by Serena in the SF and Serena moved up to number two in the world).

Nasdaq-100 2003:
Martina was much more dominating when she was number one than Serena was (answering a question regarding Serena completing the career Grand Slam).

Wimbledon 2004:
Maybe the radar gun was wrong (after hearing the news that Serena hit a 126MPH serve).

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
lizchris said:
Some gems coming out of Jennifer's mouth about Serena (wiht Venus included in one)

Wimbledon 2001:
She's always making excuses as to why she can't beat me. But I know the truth inside; I think most people do. (after she beat Serena in the QF though Serena was up 6-4, 5-3, 30-15).

French Open 2002:
They would not be ranked number one and two if Lindsay and Martina were here (after she was beaten by Serena in the SF and Serena moved up to number two in the world).

Nasdaq-100 2003:
Martina was much more dominating when she was number one than Serena was (answering a question regarding Serena completing the career Grand Slam).

Wimbledon 2004:
Maybe the radar gun was wrong (after hearing the news that Serena hit a 126MPH serve).
WOW :eek: that´s true?

·
Registered
20,942 Posts

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
lizchris said:
Yes, unfortunately.
OMG i´m desapointed with Jenn. "She's always making excuses as to why she can't beat me." lol 1 year after who couldn´t beat who?

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Perhaps the journalists could ask JenCap if she has a problem with Serena - when she says no maybe this issue can finally be closed ...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
lizchris said:

Wimbledon 2001:

French Open 2002:

Nasdaq-100 2003:

Wimbledon 2004:
Wow I guess V and S prove things wrong when Lindsay and Martina came back and became dominant over them. Anyway I do think Jen had a problem with them for reasons I don't want to go into but I'm sure things are fine now. I know they smile at each other and kiss each others cheek which they did not use to do.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts