Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the things she does to get attention (dressing like christina aguilera, saying how much she loves herself, and wearing atrocious tennis outfits) it seems like no one cares, lol, thats kinda sad. like... she tries too hard.

Maria doesnt do anything outrageous and shes the most talked player since Anna K. she gets all these sponsors and she appears in every tennis posters :bounce:

i feel kinda bad for serena i mean, i thought she was popular like... in 2002

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,684 Posts
KournikovaRULES said:
No, she was not really.. It is just that the Tour was in such a poor shape back then, that without much of competition it was like Russians say: "When there is no fish, even a crayfish goes as a fish".. :lol: But now things are different, there are so many nice, successful, and stylish athletes with great taste, then whatever she does to make a scarecrow out of herself it does not really attract that much of attention anymore..

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
KournikovaRULES said:
with all the things she does to get attention (dressing like christina aguilera, saying how much she loves herself, and wearing atrocious tennis outfits) it seems like no one cares, lol, thats kinda sad. like... she tries too hard.

Maria doesnt do anything outrageous and shes the most talked player since Anna K. she gets all these sponsors and she appears in every tennis posters :bounce:

You and ys can make fun of Serena all you want, but you don't really need to get much attention when you have won 7 GS singles titles, have been number one for 58 weeks and among active players, is 5th in titles won. As far as I am concerned, Maria can have the attention as she is nowhere in Serena's league at the moment. She knows it and so does her fans.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
lizchris said:
You and ys can make fun of Serena all you want, but you don't really need to get much attention when you have won 7 GS singles titles, have been number one for 58 weeks and among active players, is 5th in titles won. As far as I am concerned, Maria can have the attention as she is nowhere in Serena's league at the moment. She knows it and so does her fans.
:worship: Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ys said:
No, she was not really.. It is just that the Tour was in such a poor shape back then, that without much of competition it was like Russians say: "When there is no fish, even a crayfish goes as a fish".. :lol: But now things are different, there are so many nice, successful, and stylish athletes with great taste, then whatever she does to make a scarecrow out of herself it does not really attract that much of attention anymore..

LOL I see. yeah in 2002 they had no competition... but now look at venus results LMFAO did she leave the top 50 already? :tape:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
KournikovaRULES said:
LOL I see. yeah in 2002 they had no competition... but now look at venus results LMFAO did she leave the top 50 already? :tape:

They had competition; they just weren't good enough to beat them.

BTW, Venus is still inthe top (8) and should be for the next few months.

About the only thing Kournkova rules is the red carpet (and she needs help from her boyfriend/husband for that) as she was never good enough to win a singles title.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Why in the world should Serena be furious. Russians come and go but legends will always be remembered. I'm sure if u go on the street and ask someone who's Serena Williams they will know who that person is and I doubt it's going to be that way for sharapova. It's like Michelle Kwan.. she's a freaking figure skater yet ask anyone who she is and they know who your talking about. And if people are tying to keep it under wraps then let me take it out in the open.. the tour, media will always look for a skinny white girl to use as the covergirl. It happened in the past with kournikova so not shocking that it's happening again.

And I don't see where Serena's dressing like trash it's just that some of u guys cant handle that hence why the hate for her outfits. The girl got back, front and I would take her anyday over someone like maria. Far as endorsements goes, I know sharapova endorsements are coming along but still lags behind Serena in terms of total amount. Hell, I'm not getting none so I could really care about either of them endorsements.

Anyway folks, I have to go take my test now so wish me luck..

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
And BTW, when she can't pacify her sponsors, she will be dropped. Considering how good she is supposed to be as she just managed to win her first Tier I title (17 years, 10 months; Serena won her first at 17 years 6 months), that may be sonner rather than later.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
serena is trying to be like kournikova, attending award shows and stuff, but no one cares, shes just pointless, maybe shes known in the USA i guess :tape:

kournikova was talented and reached the wimbledon SF, but she got injured

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
. . and ANOTHER thread about Serena J. Williams started by a "non-Williams" fan. . lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
lizchris said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :tape:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
venusfan said:
Why in the world should Serena be furious. Russians come and go but legends will always be remembered. I'm sure if u go on the street and ask someone who's Serena Williams they will know who that person is and I doubt it's going to be that way for sharapova. It's like Michelle Kwan.. she's a freaking figure skater yet ask anyone who she is and they know who your talking about. And if people are tying to keep it under wraps then let me take it out in the open.. the tour, media will always look for a skinny white girl to use as the covergirl. It happened in the past with kournikova so not shocking that it's happening again.

And I don't see where Serena's dressing like trash it's just that some of u guys cant handle that hence why the hate for her outfits. The girl got back, front and I would take her anyday over someone like maria. Far as endorsements goes, I know sharapova endorsements are coming along but still lags behind Serena in terms of total amount. Hell, I'm not getting none so I could really care about either of them endorsements.

Anyway folks, I have to go take my test now so wish me luck..

Good luck and great post!:worship:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
KournikovaRULES said:
serena is trying to be like kournikova, attending award shows and stuff, but no one cares, shes just pointless, maybe shes known in the USA i guess :tape:

Wow - one Grand Slam semifinal and she never won a WTA title - not even on the lower (or should I say LOWEST) Tier's. Yeah, Serena is really trying to be like Kournikova. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
KournikovaRULES said:

I wasn't aware Serena was trying to be a loser (on the court).

You are right about one thing; Kournikova WAS talented.

·
Registered
119,923 Posts
!<bloc_party>! said:
God, I love GM.
I know :lol:
Russians come and go ...
But Richard Williams is forever :lol:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
This is stupid. KournikovaRULES it does not matter what you write about Serena on a Tennis Messageboard, she's still famous, rich, and probably more fulfill then you'll ever be.
Maria is good but let's talk in 3 years in see if she still on top. Serena Williams also won a grandslam and a Tier 1 at 17 also, but sometimes things don't always go our way. It took her another 3 years to win another.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Don't be a Serena hater! Serena is a star and will always be a star. Can Ms.Maria Sharapova say that she is a TV star, no I don't think so.

If Serena was WHITE she would also be in all the tennis magazine, Serena truly deserves to be.

Most of the media and magazine see Sharapova as the great WHITE hope!

Serena has won 7 GRAND SLAMS! Hopelfull you will now see how unfair the media is when it come to color.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.