• 5 yrs

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 6yrs +

Votes: 6 17.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
i think serena will be there for a while w/out a doubt. next year will be the telling factor of whether or not kim and justine can stay at the top, as in defend almost all their points. venus and serena have done very well so far this year, especially serena. seeing she had so many points to defend.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I agree that Serena wil stay number one for a long time, but the other three, there I have a little doubt. Kim and Justine can't even afford a little slump with all the points they'll have to defend. On top of that we have some really good youngsters: especially Maria Sharapova might be dangerous in about a year or two, Vera Z. is one to watch too for the top-positions IMO

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think that if Justine can have a good hardcourt season, she'll stay in the top 4 at least 1 more year.
For Kim it's a little different. She has many points to defend on every surface. Maybe, she'll slip from this top 4 in March of next year (Capriati or Mauresmo will replace her).
Venus : I hope she stays in the top 4. But I think it won't be the case. In some months, Davenport or Mauresmo will probably get above her. But she'll be back soon.
Serena : what a question ? Of course, she'll remain in the top 4 for many years. But, she may lose her 1st rank.

·
Registered
21,346 Posts
In some months, Davenport or Mauresmo will probably get above her. But she'll be back soon.

lol she is I don't know how many points above them in the year ranking. the chance serena, kim and justine will end in the top 4 this year are 80%, with venus it depends on how much she plays and injuries

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
irma said:
the days since kim started to raise people say she will drop lol
remember last year at the same period everybody were saying she would be out of top-10

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
venus can be out of the top 4 very soon, but hopefully she is healthy enough to fight for the #4 seed in toronto before she falls to #5...but im pretty sure she can make up a lotta points during the indoors season.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Its gonna be Justine before the year ends. Obviously she will colapsed again during the hardcourt season. She could comeback again next year during the clay season. She only got there beacuse of her results on clay this year.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Why people seem to think Kim is likely to fall out of the top 4?

First of all:

Because of the amount of tournaments (and of course good results in all of them) it doesn't really matter if she has a few bad results, her points total won't drop a lot.

Second, before she drops out of the top 4 she'll have to have less points than Lindsay, who currently has about 2100 less than Kim does. So let's just wait and see.

Kim's points are much more balanced:

If Serena would fail to play the US Open, she'd drop by 1040 points

If Kim were not to play the Masters (her best result) she'd only lose 643 points.

A few bad results will hardly affect Kim's position

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
Its gonna be Justine before the year ends. Obviously she will colapsed again during the hardcourt season. She could comeback again next year during the clay season. She only got there beacuse of her results on clay this year.
Doubt it. Just has won 4 titles this year - one Slam, 2 Tier I's, anmd a Tier II. She's always gotten to at least the quarterfinals of tournaments. And she's proven on countless occassions that she can play on hard/indoors (beating Davenport en route to the Aussie Open semis, beating Capriati and Seles to win Dubai, winning Linz on a fast indoor court, etc.)

Davenport will reach #4 after the US Open, and Venus will temporarily have to say goodbye.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.