Tennis Forum banner

Who's the better fighter?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
Re: Serena "I'm the Best" Williams or Dinara "I'm the #1" Safina, the better fighter?

Ultimately Serena is way tougher but Safina is a more regular, "day-to-day" fighter (if it makes sense :unsure:).

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Re: Serena "I'm the Best" Williams or Dinara "I'm the #1" Safina, the better fighter?

wow. haven't we had enough of this discussion.

I'm just saying. There is a thread, some 40 pages long going on and on about this and it's not like we don't have a current tournament and another coming up. :confused:

anyway, get on with if you must. :lol:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

silly question. Serena is the ultimate fighter of the last 20 years or more. People who think Safina has anything on Serena in the mental strength department probably followed tennis for a year or two.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts

stupid question. 10 grand slams speak for themselves.

·
Banned
11,141 Posts

Who's the better fighter? Really? :lol: It's Serena and it's not even close.

·
Banned
30,623 Posts

Serena duh, I don't see Dinara fighting of match points. Plus Dinara starts choking easier than Serena hitting unforced errors.

·
Registered
14,830 Posts

Great fighters don't bomb their first two Slam finals. Safina has Clijsters and Dementieva for company.

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts

Serena duh, I don't see Dinara fighting of match points. Plus Dinara starts choking easier than Serena hitting unforced errors.
Did you miss RG 08 or something? :lol:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts

Dinara

·
Registered
38,859 Posts

Are you kidding me or something?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Dinar is a good fighter but Serena is GREAT... In order to be considered great you have to have played for awhile and been in ALOT of tough situations and overcome them. Dinara has only been playing top level tennis for about 2 seasons so she hasnt had enough time to even be COMPARED to Serena. The way she has lost her first grand slam finals doesnt bode well for her "fighting abilty" but Serena wasnt always the pillar of mental strength either so who knows maybe Dinara will develope that side of her game as well.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts

Silly question, of course it's Serena, she's been doing it longer.

However, there is no need to go overboard and start splurting out crap like Safina has never saved match points. As 5ean pointed out, RG last year was one of the best fighting displays from anyone in a grand slam, saving match points in 2 consecutive matches! No need to put one down to make the other look better. Some people just can't seem to make an argument without doing that.

·
Banned
11,141 Posts

I like that this poll is public. It kinda tells you who is really deranged here.

Reactions: Expat

·
Registered
7,806 Posts

Are you kidding me or something?
don't even look at this thread it's like I'm asking who sing better in live Beyoncé or Britney? :eek:

·
Registered
17,762 Posts

I like that this poll is public. It kinda tells you who is really deranged here.
:haha: :lol: :bigcry:

·
Banned
30,623 Posts

Did you miss RG 08 or something? :lol:
Well she didn't face the real champions. It's different facing matchpoints vs Venus/Sharapova/Davenport than those she competed with at RG2008.

·
Banned
30,623 Posts

5ean, Aleksandrina, bobbynorwich, Drimal, iloveupeterpan, Kim's_fan_4ever, Mattluck, Russianboy, squig2k, TheFifthAvocado, xuxa, vwfan?

:p

·
Registered
38,859 Posts

5ean, Aleksandrina, bobbynorwich, Drimal, iloveupeterpan, Kim's_fan_4ever, Mattluck, Russianboy, squig2k, TheFifthAvocado, xuxa, vwfan?

:p
OMFG!

U beat me to it!

They can't TRULY believe that :rolls: I mean i vote crazily in some polls sumtimes.

Oo and SerenaAttila *highfive*

1 - 20 of 39 Posts