Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serena:Oh, I'm at like 20 percent right now, so ... I'm at 20 percent, I think. I think everyone can see it.

:tape: :lol: :tape: :lol: :tape: :lol:

Serena was never very good at math

I honestly think that Maria out hit and out-played Serena. Serena was confused and looking foreward to Maria's errors (that did not come).

I mean I have seen much worse from Serena than the winners and errors ratio she had today which was in the +'s

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Well I'm sure Serena knows her gameplay and abilities better than you do. Why should we not believe her? No way was Serena at her best today, but well done Maria.

Reactions: Mase

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Serena is not denying that Maria out played and out hit her. In the same breath as she's not denying Maria was the better player, she is admitting her own play was not the best. What is so hard to understand about that?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
She played at 20% because that's all Maria could let her play at. Masha definitely outplayed her. Hell, Venus was at 20% when she lost to Sprem because Sprem only allowed her to play at that level.

Reactions: Smackie

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Machu Picchu said:
Serena is not denying that Maria out played and out hit her. In the same breath as she's not denying Maria was the better player, she is admitting her own play was not the best. What is so hard to understand about that?
:yeah:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So, let me get this straight . . . :confused:

When Serena beat Jennifer she was at 100% and played a "great" match. But, for the finals of Wimbledon, playing a 17 year old novice, she was only at 20%. Is that right?:lol: :lol:

Well, if you are the "best in the world" 20% should be enough to win a Slam against a young girl in her first Slam final, shouldn't it?:tape:

Seems to me Ms. Williams is, as usual, giving no props to her opponent. Wonder how much longer she can keep that up as she loses more and more often?:lol:

And Serena's fans wonder why she is disliked so much.:fiery:

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
OUT! said:
Well I'm sure Serena knows her gameplay and abilities better than you do. Why should we not believe her? No way was Serena at her best today, but well done Maria.
:rolleyes: no fuckin way serena was only at 20 %...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Serena's at 20 percent, right. And that's nobody's fault but her own, and 20 percent is where Serena's going to stay for the rest of her career unless she gets her act together.

Serena Williams of two years ago would have mopped up Sharapova in this final 6-1 6-1.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
vogus said:
Serena's at 20 percent, right. And that's nobody's fault but her own, and 20 percent is where Serena's going to stay for the rest of her career unless she gets her act together.

Serena Williams of two years ago would have mopped up Sharapova in this final 6-1 6-1.
:clap2:

Serena was scary in 2002! :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
miranda_lou said:

When Serena beat Jennifer she was at 100% and played a "great" match. But, for the finals of Wimbledon, playing a 17 year old novice, she was only at 20%. Is that right?:lol: :lol:

Well, if you are the "best in the world" 20% should be enough to win a Slam against a young girl in her first Slam final, shouldn't it?:tape:

Seems to me Ms. Williams is, as usual, giving no props to her opponent. Wonder how much longer she can keep that up as she loses more and more often?:lol:

Actually I don't personally wonder why Serena is disliked so much after reading your post. When people disregard so much it's so clear how they could dislike a player like Serena. You basically see what you want to see. Especially after seeing how gracious Serena was after the match, to call her ungracious and say she's not giving Maria any credit -- yes I can see how Serena is disliked by people such as yourself. To see the match and see that while Maria played out of her mind, that Serena was not the Serena of last year or that she did not play at her best, the same as against Amelie, and how dare Serena admit that -- yes I can see how Serena is disliked by people such as yourself who see what they want.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
miranda_lou said:

read her full interview plz :)

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Serena, Serena....why you keep saying things like this so people can pick on you?! You´ll never learn, huh?! No need to say this...just have to acknowledge that maybe maybe the field is getting deeper and you´ll get beaten more often, even when you play your best.

And no you didn´t play your best, but that wasn´t 20 % either....

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
miranda_lou said:

it seems you can't read. let me assist you.

Q. Do you think you just caught a player today that was really, really hot?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think she played her best tennis today, and for the whole tournament, for sure. You know, it's normal. When I play people, they normally play their best tennis ‑ not normally, they always play their best tennis against me and my sister. So today I knew she was going to be playing really well.
OWNED!

Q. You played Maria not too long ago. What was different in the Maria today than the one you played in March?

SERENA WILLIAMS: This is the final of Wimbledon. Before it was like the fourth round of Nasdaq. And there is a big difference. When anyone's in the final, you're going to give 300%. I think she treed a little bit today. I think she played her best tournament, her best tennis maybe in her life. But this is normal. I mean, I should have done the same thing in the final of Wimbledon. Why not?
OWNED

Q. But specifically her with this added confidence, do you think she's now at the very top group?

SERENA WILLIAMS: For sure, definitely. You can't say she's not. I mean, anyone that wins a Grand Slam, you've got to put them at the top.
OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Q. How far are you from being back to where you want to be?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Oh, I'm at like 20% right now, so... I'm at 20%, I think.
I-DOWNED!

Q. You say you're at 20%. Is it just kind of mentally getting the confidence back? A bunch of tournaments? You said you haven't played many tournaments. Can you just break that down for us?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think everyone can see it. There's a lot of stuff I want to do a little more physically. Obviously, I want to play a lot better than I did the last two matches. But I think before I played a little better. But still when I was playing Capriati and stuff, I still think there's a lot of things that I want to work on that I really know from my potential that I can do a lot better on. So that's what I kind of mean by that, I think.
Quadruple OWNED

Q. Maria is only 17. Does she have the look to you of somebody who is durable, somebody who is going to be around for a number of years?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Definitely. I like how she plays everyone really tough and not just a few players. When I see people that do that, then they definitely have a better look at being a champion.
OWNED!

thanks for playing!

Reactions: stacyh5 and SJW

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Kristofke said:
:rolleyes: no fuckin way serena was only at 20 %...
And how would you know?

·
49,001 Posts
No, they want Serena to be totally humbled and bow to the awesome magnificence that is Maria Sharapova.

Please, get real. Serena was NOT playing well today. She wasn't moving well, her serve was not kicking, her forehand was an awful mess, and she had no fight until too late in the second set.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
vogus said:

Too bad a time-travel device hasn't been built yet.

:haha:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
justinhosbey said:
No, they want Serena to be totally humbled and bow to the awesome magnificence that is Maria Sharapova.

Please, get real. Serena was NOT playing well today. She wasn't moving well, her serve was not kicking, her forehand was an awful mess, and she had no fight until too late in the second set.
Now you know Serena is supposed to bow down to the excellence that is Maria. She's not allowed to talk about her own game or the flaws that she presented in the match. Nope, it's all Maria -- makes you wonder if it's all credit to Maria why did she even need an opponet?

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
rokkstarr said:
it seems you can't read. let me assist you.

OWNED!

OWNED

OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I-DOWNED!

Quadruple OWNED

OWNED!

thanks for playing!
:haha:

:worship:

Girl that was a beatdown and a half! :wavey:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts