Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't read anything if she is gonig to withdraw or not.
Hopefully she will get better and not withdraw.
:rolleyes:

This Year Injuries(con't from last year as well):
Lindsay Davenport
Mary Pierce
Jennifer Capriaty
Martina Hingis
Serena Williams

I'm sure their are many more.

AND THE YEAR ONLY STARTED :rolleyes:

·
63,527 Posts
I'm sure she will be fine at the Open but err... you know she have to play Conchita Martinez in the first round!

Go Conchita ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its looking good.

Williams was running for a drop shot when she twisted her right ankle in the fourth game. "I was running for a ball, I'm out to get every ball, and I fell forward and twisted my ankle," said Williams who attended her post-match media conference by using crutches.

"I felt it straight away. I got stuck in the court because you can't slide on these courts. "I was told not to put too much pressure on my foot and I am not feeling great right now." However Williams was very confident the injury will not be an issue at next week's Australian Open.

She said it was "looking positive but I will just take it one day at a time". She is applying ice to stop it from swelling up. Williams added that she is not concerned about the number of matches she has played this week as she looks to the Australian Open.

"The first two matches were important to get back on track. I don't need a lot of matches - for me one match is good enough," she said.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Please get well!! :) :D :D

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Good news is that she felt she could carry on after twisting her ankle, so thats a definate PLUS.

They might stick her on Tuesday, anyway I'm sure her match will be a night session one on either Mon or Tues.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
for crying out loud! now hingis is practically assured of winning. no offense to shaughnessy fans, but I don't think she has it in her. Hingis is playing very well but I'm SURE serena could have beaten her.
i hope that serena is okay for the australian!!! I want both of the williamses to be healthy so one of them can win it all!
Ruth

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Hope she makes it. :)

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
I also hopes she can be healthy for AUSOpen... :rolleyes:

GO SERENA!

·
Registered