Tennis Forum banner

721 - 740 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
On the bright side, Sevastova can't serve lights out, so Serena should be able to get breaks pretty readily.

Like how she's coming to the net -- reminding me of that USO SF.

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #722 (Edited)
Serena v Sevastova

Serena has never lost a Fed Cup rubber in singles.
Sevastova is in poor form (R1 exit at Aus Open, lost every match in 2020).
= should normally be a win for Serena! :)

Broken 0-1
What happened to Serena´s once so strong serve?
Serena moved horrible so far. So bad and slow. Sad to see.
Is this her new level or is Serena just rusty or simply old and slow?

Yes, Serena broke back. 1-1

Serena broken again ?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Serena's footwork is so sloppy again. It costs more energy to make those adjustment steps, but she has to do it to get into position to make her shots. After dumping so many shots into the net, surely she has to realize that she has to move her feet?

Yes, I know it's early in the match, but this is why I was so eager to see Kenin pull it out -- this is the kind of poor play I was worried about.

And yet, just like the Penko match, she's right in the thick of things. Nice work to get the break back!

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
2-5

Serena broken 4 (!) times in a row! ?

Her serve is worse than ever. Very weak. Shocked ...

So many UEs. Very slow and does not move her feet at all.

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #726

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
A lot of energy expended just to lose the breaker. Loved the comeback, but the level wasn't enough to close out the set.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
This is embarrassing -- both the histrionics and the level of play. She has a lot of work and self-reflection to do in these upcoming weeks.

Hopefully she can turn this match around though. She needs to get back to the basics and calm down.

·
Registered
903 Posts
You know it’s bad when you feel like Serena needs the double insurance break to even have a chance of winning the set. One break ain’t gonna do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The match is turning around nicely. Glad Serena's gotten her focus back: the grunting has been dialed down and her quality is way up.

·
Rena's Army
34,943 Posts
maybe the worst thing that happened was winning Auckland playing average tennis. She's honestly getting worse every time I see her :eek: I dunno what's going on with her but this ain't it Serena

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #732
What a mess again since 6-7 5-1 ?

Serena has no consistency at all. Zero consistency. From strong to shit so quickly.

Hard to watch Serena these days.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
Feels like she's on a mission to tarnish every perfect record she owned these past few years. How dreadful.

And losing to these players who she clobbered in Flushing Meadows.... lmao! I guess we can look forward to an IW R3 loss to CSN.

·
Rena's Army
34,943 Posts
? welp

she's really got to change something as this is getting hard to watch. She got so cry-babyish at one point for no reason at all. Apart from some cute points here and there, the declined serve and plenty unforced errors are a far cry from a few years ago and seem to be here to stay unless there's a mental and physical change. 60 UFE isn't gonna cut it, and if she wants to tank then please do it in less time.

·
Rena's Army
34,943 Posts
Feels like she's on a mission to tarnish every perfect record she owned these past few years. How dreadful.

And losing to these players who she clobbered in Flushing Meadows.... lmao! I guess we can look forward to an IW R3 loss to CSN.
at this rate she'd lose to.........................

·
Registered
903 Posts
Is it:

1. Mental?
2. Physical?
3. Old Age?

If it’s 1 and/or 2 then I hope she puts in the hard work. It’s now or never. Taking 3 months off after the US Open wasn’t the best idea for her tennis.

If it’s 3 then nothing she can do.

Either way I hope she’s happy with whatever she chooses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

721 - 740 of 775 Posts