Tennis Forum banner
4861 - 4880 of 5013 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
I’m glad high profile players are playing doubles again, the state of doubles is really sad for the last 20 years or so

• Haha
Reactions: Aaron.

·
Registered
93,023 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
551 Posts
Damn. I’m sure there are lots of other men that would be down. How about her gay bestie Dimitrov? I see he played Mens Doubles at Qwueens.
I wish she'd play with Tiafoe because they both know how to have a good laugh on court. I know she won't do this but I wish she'd play singles until the end of 2023 and then switch to doubles with Venus and mixed doubles with Tafoe or someone else in preparation for the Olympic in 2024. Venus could do the same and choose Opelka as her mixed partner. It'd be perfect. I just hope she eventually embraces the fact that her illustrious career doesn't have to end with a desperate bid to match a fake GS record. She's loves Wimbledon, Paris (Olympics), and the USO, so actually having fun with Venus on court in those places would do a lot to soothe a lot of heartbreak the last few years.

Also, I remembered yesterday that our queen once held a 22-4 record in GS finals, stretching 17 years. What a badass.

·
Registered
93,023 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
i guess that's ok. we can't rly blame ons since serena has been doing this for ages, lmfao.

Reactions: Mybabyserena

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
I think that’s to help her getting low and in position to the ball 😭😭😭😂😂😂
also it's like when they come off, then you feel much looser. it's like when the anime protagonist takes off the 2 ton ankle weights they were training with as a reveal.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I need the draw gods to look down on Serena with favor tomorrow. Her story is not over yet and like I said before I really think the crowd is gonna get behind her and make her a sentimental favorite.
I have a bad feeling she’s gonna draw Coco in the first round. Especially since Wimbledon isn’t awarding any points and has banned the Russian players, they’re gonna wanna make headlines for anything else. Serena Coco would be such a HUGE storyline regardless of who wins. Serena wins and she takes down the FO runner up, Coco wins and it’s a changing of the guard.

Praying that I’m wrong though and she has a Radacanu cupcake draw to #24.

On another note, Serena better be ready because there is a new batch of girlies who have never played her and will be coming for her wig before she retires. Beating Serena (albeit in the twilight of her career) is such a feather in one’s cap and no one is going to want to miss out on that opportunity, especially with her retirement being so imminent.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,397 Posts
It feels weird to be caring so much about Serena’s placement in the draw.

I really hope she draws a non-seed R1 and the seeded player R2. As long as the non-seed ain’t Andreescu, Stephens, or a pest like Cornet/McHale/Watson. :annoyed:

With the amount of top players either slumping, being unclutch at majors, or not liking grass, there are going to be some WIDEEEEEE OPEN sections in this draw. Serena needs to land in one and capitalize like she did in 2018.

My guess is that she’ll land in an eighth with a bunch of Americans but it won’t be Gauff.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a bad feeling she’s gonna draw Coco in the first round. Especially since Wimbledon isn’t awarding any points and has banned the Russian players, they’re gonna wanna make headlines for anything else. Serena Coco would be such a HUGE storyline regardless of who wins. Serena wins and she takes down the FO runner up, Coco wins and it’s a changing of the guard.

Praying that I’m wrong though and she has a Radacanu cupcake draw to #24.

On another note, Serena better be ready because there is a new batch of girlies who have never played her and will be coming for her wig before she retires. Beating Serena (albeit in the twilight of her career) is such a feather in one’s cap and no one is going to want to miss out on that opportunity, especially with her retirement being so imminent.
Well good thing Serena's CC FH is looking pretty damn pristine. She loved getting into those Fh-FH exchanges during the doubles matches. But, we all know Gauff loves peaking and taking out big names in early rounds, only to flop later.

Also, when was the last time a player had a run on grass leading up to Wimbledon as dominant as Beatriz's?

4861 - 4880 of 5013 Posts