Tennis Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 2906 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Poor @Peverell and @WilliamsWillWin
Novak is getting DEPORTED
Ok? Because the AUS government pulled their final and ultimate trump card.

Under no other grounds could they achieve this short of an executive decision. They were summarily exposed for mistreating Djokovic and Voracova and violating their rights to due process and a fair treatment of the law.

Awful bureaucracy.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Way to miss the point entirely.

1. The tournament was approved by the government and there were no more than 30-40 daily cases in Serbia. Medical health experts greenlit the organization of the Adria Tour tournament. There are tournaments being held today in countries with a million daily cases.

2. It’s obvious that he had no intention of hitting the lines judge, LOL. He was rightfully disqualified which was in accordance to the rules, but using this an argument that he is somehow a bad person is asinine. It was an accident.

3. He didn’t use his stature to get into Australia. There was an exemption rule, which was available to all players and he acted according to the rules. The issue was with his visa, not with whether or not he was vaccinated, since vaccinated players are allowed to play in Australia.
1. This is an example of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Someone gives you the right to do something reckless doesn't change that it's still reckless. The aftermath of that tournament shows why.

2. Of course, I know that. My argument was that he thought he somehow deserved to only be given a point or game penalty when the rules are very clear. Don't believe me, go watch his commentary with the referees. He wanted special privileges. Period.

3. Fair point, but he still lied on his form and I'm supposed to believe it was an accident? Everything is just so convenient for him (how does one apply for an exemption in November but their reasoning is a December infection?) that again, I feel nothing.

·
Premium Member
21,645 Posts
This is a good heads up to the governments of France, UK and US to watch RG, Wimbledon, and the USO. Tilley and the AO made this situation by trying to sneak Djokovic in all for $$$. The other slams have signaled they will do what they have to to get him in so those governments need to just nip it in the bud now. Make him obey the rules otherwise let him be free to not participate like his other ilk Sandgren etc.

I have a feeling the French won't let it slide. Macron seems fed up with anti-vaxxers. But UK and the US probably will welcome him in on some condition.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
This whole situation is becoming real performative and its becoming annoying. Either deport him or let him stay. Was handled all wrong by all persons involved.

Sidebar: part of me thinks had Serena played she could've MAYBE snuck under the radar since all anyone would be talking about is Novak.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
This is a good heads up to the governments of France, UK and US to watch RG, Wimbledon, and the USO. Tilley and the AO made this situation by trying to sneak Djokovic in all for $$$. The other slams have signaled they will do what they have to to get him in so those governments need to just nip it in the bud now. Make him obey the rules otherwise let him be free to not participate like his other ilk Sandgren etc.

I have a feeling the French won't let it slide. Macron seems fed up with anti-vaxxers. But UK and the US probably will welcome him in on some condition.
Is Isner not an antivaxxer?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

Wait Serena only lost 4 matches in 2013 and won 11 titles?

WTH, why does it feel like she under performed that year? My memory is short.

Tired of these people acting like she only focused on slams :rolleyes:
She allowed Marion Bartoli to win Wimbledon that year. Does that not say enough?

Her not winning Wimbledon after the performances she put in on the grass courts in 2012 was shameful. Lisicki fully treed in that match but Serena still had her opportunities.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
19,945 Posts
She allowed Marion Bartoli to win Wimbledon that year. Does that not say enough?

Her not winning Wimbledon after the performances she put in on the grass courts in 2012 was shameful. Lisicki fully treed in that match but Serena still had her opportunities.
Dont drag her 😢

2014 Wimbledon was worse IMO.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Dont drag her 😢

2014 Wimbledon was worse IMO.
Losing to Cornet at any tournament is a nightmare, but she was in peak shape in 2013. She had so much momentum going into that Lisicki match and then just lost the plot. She went into 2014 Wimbledon after losing to Ivanovo at the AO with an injury and being shell shocked by Muguruza at RG.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Wait Serena only lost 4 matches in 2013 and won 11 titles?

WTH, why does it feel like she under performed that year? My memory is short.

Tired of these people acting like she only focused on slams :rolleyes:
It’s insane. I think it gets overlooked because she lost in those two slams. The AO fluke back injury (?) - I think. And then, yes, Wimbledon where she was just worn out. 😞 2013 was the most matches she’s ever played (and won) in a season I believe. 👏🏼

·
Registered
891 Posts
Political theatre and totally performative. The AUS court admitted they accepted his exemption, but based it on public unrest.

You know it's bad and they were just going to do everything necessary when the argument and the basis was based on pure pathos. They had to save face after being embarrassed in court the first time of their own malfeasance.

It still doesn't make them look good and other players were also violated without fair process of the law.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Anywho, Serena appeared to be getting some massage and PT work done on a table. Looks like she is, at the very least, working out and doing some physical training. She might be hitting as well.

And we know she is watching film with Rubin and in contact with Patrick. I just want her to come back in Charleston and not waste time on hard AO is already gone. Clay will sharpen her game for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Political theatre and totally performative. The AUS court admitted they accepted his exemption, but based it on public unrest.

You know it's bad and they were just going to do everything necessary when the argument and the basis was based on pure pathos. They had to save face after being embarrassed in court the first time of their own malfeasance.

It still doesn't make them look good and other players were also violated without fair process of the law.
Violated under what law? This hearing was based on the legality of the second cancellation of his visa.

2841 - 2860 of 2906 Posts