Tennis Forum banner
2821 - 2840 of 3298 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
I feel like her 2012-14 form is her best form ever. Maybe not as explosive and awe inspiring but she was so fit, so confident and had such good court sense and tactics during the stretch. The original SS form is amazing but I chalk a lot of that up to her natural talent and being young and fearless.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
1999 US Open Serena vs 2017 Australian Open Serena would be rather interesting due to their respective experiences at the time.

·
Premium Member
20,039 Posts
It's become so messy! I don't think they will send him back now. He is out and about and at this point it is too divisive. I'd rather they just get to the tennis now.

Watch all the hot tea about forgeries and faked documents come to light after he wins the title :LOL:.
I'm sick of hearing about Novaxx and his drama from both sides. People act like their lives depend on whether he plays the AO or not. I'm fine with him playing or being deported or not allowed to play. Every slam their is always some drama surrounding him. smdh

·
Registered
655 Posts
we need this serena back. remember when she used to stare down the girls for no reason 😂😂😂
I think she was mad cause Momo made some colorful statements before the match in the lines that "I found the key to beat Serena". She had just beaten her for the first time in Rome.

I am French and live in Paris BTW so I had access to news you probably didn't.

This match still lives rent free in my head.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
we need this serena back. remember when she used to stare down the girls for no reason 😂😂😂
i'm not sure if you saw but i posted in this thread before that the previous match before the mauresmo match was zvonareva vs petrova. apparently zvonareva was moonballing nadia to death.

petrova said in a podcast on fantastic tennis that right after she beat zvonereva, serena was in the locker room with some words of wisdom on how she should've been taking those moonballs out of the air so she would have finished faster. :hysteric: serena was getting impatient to drag amelie.

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
I think she was mad cause Momo made some colorful statements before the match in the lines that "I found the key to beat Serena". She had just beaten her for the first time in Rome.

I am French and live in Paris BTW so I had access to news you probably didn't.

This match still lives rent free in my head.
Interesting. I wonder if there was more behind the scenes. She was very charged in that match which you rarely see. Mauresmo never tried it that outwardly either like Hingis and the others.

It was always weird to me that Serena could never bring that intensity or focus when she played Henin or Capriati though. Two players who argualy really hated her.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You just know that Serena would have ended up in that first section with Osaka and Barty. I’m cackling at Osaka having to potentially face Bencic and Barty back to back just to get to the quarters :hysteric:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That draw is a mess. I know this slam is going to end up just like the USO. 😂

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
Oh 100%

The thing with Djokovic is all about $$$. They were never going to pass up the chance to sell those tickets for a potential #21 final here in Oz. They muddied the waters for him and now look at the mess they are in.

I believe the other 3 majors have also said they will do everything they can so that he can play right? It's going to be interesting to see how their allowances for him are going to play out with the other anti-vaxx players. There are a lot of them.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
also not Vee commenting on his instagram with “win it all” 🥴🥴🥴🥴
Especially strange since she made a video about getting vaccinated for NYCHealth lmao.

As far as Novax goes, what a shit show. Everyone should be ashamed (Tennis Australia, Craig Tiley, Djokovic). I'm all for exercising whatever decision is best for your own health, and definitely against governments mandating people, but at the same you don't get to be sneaky and break protocols and try to get away with it, especially when the world is watching you.

He could've done everything the right way without being vaccinated, yet still made a complete mess out of it. I cannot facepalm enough.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I feel nothing for Djoker. He's always thought he was above the rules because of his celebrity.

1) Hosting a huge tournament/superspreader event in the middle of an unknown virus.
2) Thinking he was only going to get a warning or point penalty for striking a ball woman in the neck. Intentional or not, the rules are clear.
3) Using his stature to get into an extremely vaccinated country, unvaccinated.

Bye girl.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I feel nothing for Djoker. He's always thought he was above the rules because of his celebrity.

1) Hosting a huge tournament/superspreader event in the middle of an unknown virus.
2) Thinking he was only going to get a warning or point penalty for striking a ball woman in the neck. Intentional or not, the rules are clear.
3) Using his stature to get into an extremely vaccinated country, unvaccinated.

Bye girl.
Way to miss the point entirely.

1. The tournament was approved by the government and there were no more than 30-40 daily cases in Serbia. Medical health experts greenlit the organization of the Adria Tour tournament. There are tournaments being held today in countries with a million daily cases.

2. It’s obvious that he had no intention of hitting the lines judge, LOL. He was rightfully disqualified which was in accordance to the rules, but using this an argument that he is somehow a bad person is asinine. It was an accident.

3. He didn’t use his stature to get into Australia. There was an exemption rule, which was available to all players and he acted according to the rules. The issue was with his visa, not with whether or not he was vaccinated, since vaccinated players are allowed to play in Australia.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Former world No. 6 Chanda Rubin says Serena Williams is still keen on learning new things and that’s the thing that amazes her about the former world No. 1. Williams, 40, hasn’t played since Wimbledon but she is still hoping to make a comeback and potentially win her 24th Grand Slam title.

“I recently had the opportunity to spend, you know, six weeks with her and getting the little text. 'Hey, come over and watch some film' and it might sound weird. But, I mean, like, but hey, she's already done all of this and she's sitting down watching film with her and she literally breaks it down," Rubin said, as quoted on Sportskeeda.

"I just, that to me, you know, just all the things that I've known, but to where she is now and she still wants to learn. I think, is probably one of those moments that I will always cherish."

2821 - 2840 of 3298 Posts