Tennis Forum banner
2801 - 2820 of 3298 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
Whew y'all I did not know we had MTF level Novaxx fans in SS. I know he has his fans here but the notorious ones that Sister Pump don't spout all this martyr stuff....

It's very clear why he got his clearance. The border service guards did not follow the rules. If I were the government I would be more angry with the tournament that cared more about $$$ than the rules.

You still can't erase what an ignorant person he is and it has now been confirmed that he knowingly had a positive COVID result and still went around children unmasked. Truly pathetic.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I just don’t get how he’s being allowed to stay when it sounds like he forged documents to get an “exemption”. From my understanding, and correct me if I’m wrong:

He tried to use the fact that he had COVID within the last six months as an exemption, which wasn’t being allowed by the Australian government.

He actually tested positive for Covid in mid-December.

He was in public without a mask after he tested positive.

I’m really side-eying Craig Tiley right now too, because his ass had to have some involvement to try to weasel NovaXXX into this draw. Hopefully Tennis Australia is punished in some way too.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
20,233 Posts
I just don’t get how he’s being allowed to stay when it sounds like he forged documents to get an “exemption”. From my understanding, and correct me if I’m wrong:

He tried to use the fact that he had COVID within the last six months as an exemption, which wasn’t being allowed by the Australian government.

He actually tested positive for Covid in mid-December.

He was in public without a mask after he tested positive.

I’m really side-eying Craig Tiley right now too, because his ass had to have some involvement to try to weasel NovaXXX into this draw. Hopefully Tennis Australia is punished in some way too.
Rich people get away with stuff 🤷 why is this shocking to people?

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Reactions: oreot23

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
For the umpteenth time, this case does not only involve Djokovic. Voracova, who did not remain in AUS for the decision on Djokovic's case, already was deported back to CZE and is now banned for 3 years from the country.

The AUS government massively fucked up. Yanking people out of hotel rooms and airports and accosting people at 4 a.m. on a performative witch hunt for documents that were already provided. As the judge said in the transcript, Novak did everything that was required of him by the process outlined before his flight by the people who designed the exemption process.

You don't get to renege or rescind a visa or a public right just because someone who followed all the rules THEY created isn't liked. That's the law and it should be free of bias and it's 100000% AUS fault that Novak will still get to play AO after this farce because they did not have their ducks in a row.

It's not any of the 26 people who applied for an exemption's fault that they explored a legal avenue given to them, regardless if their individual application was approved or not. How the situation was handled reflects poorly on AUS.

This has nothing to do with how you feel about people who aren't vaccinated or people's personal feelings about the parties involved. That is what people cannot reconcile. It was blatant discrimination for them to try to change the rules late in the game as a knee-jerk reaction and instantly deport MULTIPLE people from a country in a hostile manner for a process that was already submitted and approved. Society does not work that way.
OK, so it was lazy hyperbole, gotcha. And yes, a state does get to attempt to rescind a visa given to someone who didn't meet the requirements for receiving it. Djokovic simply didn't meet entry requirements. All your noise about persecution and witch hunts ends right there. Rules weren't changed - they were applied when a case which clearly flouted them was discovered.

Novax hasn't been exonerated either, because the court was discussing the procedure behind the cancellation, not the legal basis for it.

·
Registered
14,251 Posts
Novak won the case and proved that the government was corrupt, but unfortunately he won’t be able to play the Australian Open. The final decision is with the immigration minister who has the personal power to deport him and ban him from entering the country.

Basically, Novak is fucked. I don’t think we will ever see him play in the AO again.
He won on procedural grounds. And by the way, he had twice as many as, and far more expensive lawyers representing him than, the government did.

The govt had him banged to rights on the merits but the judge didnt actually seem interested in them. He did not have a valid exemption, but that didnt even get tested in Court.

The govt could have appealed on that ground but they had to concede on procedural unfairness. it would be easier for them to expel him on a new ground, such as the fact he’s apparently recklessly endangered lives by spreading while infected with Covid, and is clearly a public health liability.

But the big question for me is how he planned to compete if he hadnt caught Covid. He must have intended to compete in Australia because he applied for and received the visa back in November according to his own legal submissions. So what was the plan? On what basis did he apply for a visa without an exemption. These are all unanswered questions.

And now there is evidence emerging that he may have doctored his test and completed his travel declaration form falsely. This could only just be the start of it.

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
It's become so messy! I don't think they will send him back now. He is out and about and at this point it is too divisive. I'd rather they just get to the tennis now.

Watch all the hot tea about forgeries and faked documents come to light after he wins the title :LOL:.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
It's become so messy! I don't think they will send him back now. He is out and about and at this point it is too divisive. I'd rather they just get to the tennis now.

Watch all the hot tea about forgeries and faked documents come to light after he wins the title :LOL:.
Nope I hope they keep at his throat and deport him the night before the final. His bullshit is getting tiring.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I miss shady Serena. I’ve been trying to find the video where Serena says, “Against Maria, if you give her any hope, she's trying to come back," Williams said. "She won that one game and I could see her pumping her fist, and I was like, 'Oh boy, here she comes.' It was really important for me to almost go out there and just do everything." 😭

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Who would win if she played the best versions of herself?

99 Us Open Serena, Serena slam 1.0, circa 2009-2010, 2012-2014, Serena slam 2.0, 2017 AO (just bc it was her last slam), post-olympia Serena

2801 - 2820 of 3298 Posts