Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Random, but I was thinking about the 2016 US Open and how at the time I thought the Pliskova loss was such a wasted opportunity. Do y’all think she could’ve taken Kerber in the final?
Would have been a great match! Serena had just beaten her at Wimbledon, but Kerber won their last hard court match at the AO at the start of the year. Would also mean that she made the final of all four slams that year!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
It was probably for the best she lost to Plisbot (as much as I dislike her lucky ass). Shoulder injury forced her to withdraw from Cincy and then she injured her knee against Halep in the QF.

Reactions: mienshao

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
It was probably for the best she lost to Plisbot (as much as I dislike her lucky ass). Shoulder injury forced her to withdraw from Cincy and then she injured her knee against Halep in the QF.
I hate when she faces Halep in a QF. I think the same thing happened at AO2019 where Halep just tree’d in the second set and ran Serena! Then that next round Serena twisted her ankle on match point against Pliskbot. Extremely lucky! Both times Serena was on course to make a comeback but injury hampered her.

·
Registered
121 Posts
View attachment 182107

I never knew there was a blue version of this outfit. This is one of her very best looks imo. Serena and Puma were an absolute dream pairing.
Yes! The only thing is that the orange isn't saturated enough for the blue in this outfit. I'm being picky...the undergarment and shoes should be blue.

There was also a blue version of the outfit she wore in the Miami tournament in 2003...I believe she wore it during Fed Cup. I loved that outfit!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Random, but I was thinking about the 2016 US Open and how at the time I thought the Pliskova loss was such a wasted opportunity. Do y’all think she could’ve taken Kerber in the final?
I'm torn. The Pliskova match was such a random loss in general. But I do think Kerber and Serena would've been an amazing final.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
100% Grigor, MESS! She’s going to be so messy when she retires lmao
I wish she would spill the tea on the breakup with Patrick, and how they moved into coach/friend territory. I’ll never forget the 2017 AO where the spotlight was on her box and she proceeded to thank her box and thank Patrick for being there, and Alexis (the father of her unborn child) was just standing there waiting for something.... I have never felt a more awkward moment in my entire life.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did you notice she does not follow Patrick and Alexis on IG ?
I mean, her coach... and her husband !!!!
When she was dating Patrick, she spent her time to follow/unfollow him. When she married Alexis, she started following him, and since like 2 years, she stoped following him.
Random behaviour on IG

Oh, she follows Grigor, uses to like or comment his pics, and her crew (sisters, friends) does the same. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤔

·
Registered
15,876 Posts
Serena's 2016 Super Saiyan struggle grunt was so cute. One of my favourites.

It gave her some GOAT ballbashing powers at Indian Wells, too.

2016 was such a frustrating year. with post-comeback i feel she's so far away from her base so the losses are expected. but that year, i felt she was a legit contender at all 4 slams and was playing super well, but she was just so unlucky with injuries in NYC, a weird mental matches at the AO final and RG.

the outfits at AO and USO were also beyond. 2015 has a stink on it for me bc of that ugly print at RG and W.

Reactions: mienshao

·
Registered
915 Posts
She should not have lost that AO final. Kerber was playing great, but Serena still had the arsenal to beat her. I'm still haunted by her haphazard net attempts in the third set. Lowkey the worst grand slam final loss of her career, along with the Halep nightmare. IMO, her game was good enough to win 3 slams in 2016, but her mind was shot by that point bc of the CYGS drama + getting injured during the latter half of the year.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I loved the black/pink version of the 2016 US Open outfit. She looked like a superhero.

I'm still mad that Serena broke the pattern and didn't wear the bodysuit for the USO 2019 final. Gurl. Her walking out in that skirt spoke volumes about her lack of confidence.

·
Registered
15,876 Posts
She should not have lost that AO final. Kerber was playing great, but Serena still had the arsenal to beat her. I'm still haunted by her haphazard net attempts in the third set. Lowkey the worst grand slam final loss of her career, along with the Halep nightmare. IMO, her game was good enough to win 3 slams in 2016, but her mind was shot by that point bc of the CYGS drama + getting injured during the latter half of the year.
i know. and it's insane how that one slam essentially gave angie the mental game to win two more slams. tennis is crazy

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
Any guess if the “breakup” she is talking about is Grigor or Patrick?

She’s lying her ass off if she’s talking about Patrick, so I’m guessing it’s Grigor.
I will never believe she was romantically involved with Grigor. Plus I'm not sure she'd tell a story to drag him like that. She seems on good terms with him and so does Venus. Usually Venus gives the cold shoulder to people she thinks overstep with Serena. Notice Venus was never really ok with Patrick LOL.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Tennis Channel on Twitter: "Family. 👨‍👩‍👧 Team. 💪 God. 🙏 Health. 🏥 Each and every day. ☀ @CocoGauff and @serenawilliams know exactly what to be thankful for this year. #HappyThanksgiving https://t.co/lAQYlx5IKm" / Twitter Serena is thankful for her health and of course we understand that , but I thought she would say she is the most thankfull for her daughter :love: I have always the feeling she totally forget she is married , she is only busy with Olympia. Poor Alexis don't look happy since he gave up Reddit . He has no goal in life anymore 😢

·
Registered
15,876 Posts
honestly, alexis does not have the best reputation in silicon valley as a tech leader, he's more known as an investor. he got into a lot of trouble at reddit after yishan stepped down. he also made some weak decisions, like selling reddit in 2006. his pairing with serena really was a huge surprise to me, lol. maybe she was tired of all the drake type and their shenanigans and just wanted a nerd

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
And her attempting to drop-shit had me cringing. She looked like a lost duck in that third set.

201 - 220 of 230 Posts