Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Administrator
29,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening a new volume as the last one has now exceeded 5k posts. If you want the thread title changed, let me know :)

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Three years for a single thread lol. I remember when we needed multiple threads for a single Slam.

@Sister Price Probably spamming WikiFeet articles of ATP Players in GM like last time. At least now I can see Serena's Cheering Threads again.

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
What is the tea on those banned gerls?

For sure that one was a resurrected Smitten. The use of ROD and their hatred of Azarenka were really obvious.

·
Rena's Army
35,095 Posts

For sure that one was a resurrected Smitten. The use of ROD and their hatred of Azarenka were really obvious.
For sure lol once I saw that it was a dead give away. Who else is banned?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
So serious question... when is Serena going to start electing to receive first? Went down 0-2 in both sets today when she served first. That will work against Ahn... it’s proven in the last four finals that going down 0-2 isn’t going to work.

For reference, in the last four finals she served first against Andreescu, Kerber, and Halep and was broken each time. She only held serve against Osaka.

I feel like she’s too damn nervous and shaky to go out and serve in the first game. Get settled in, hit a few balls, and then she may do better on her service game. Added bonus if you break, then you feel a lot less pressure on your service game.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So serious question... when is Serena going to start electing to receive first? Went down 0-2 in both sets today when she served first. That will work against Ahn... it’s proven in the last four finals that going down 0-2 isn’t going to work.

For reference, in the last four finals she served first against Andreescu, Kerber, and Halep and was broken each time. She only held serve against Osaka.

I feel like she’s too damn nervous and shaky to go out and serve in the first game. Get settled in, hit a few balls, and then she may do better on her service game. Added bonus if you break, then you feel a lot less pressure on your service game.
She will never do that because of pride. But I agree 100%. She seems to get broken in the opening game a lot more than pre-baby Serena. She comes out a little slow nowadays.

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
I think her default is always to serve first. Her serve has for the bulk of her career been her reliable shot and she was raised with an attacking and aggressive mindset. I think at this stage if she and Patrick haven't opted to try receiving first then its unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I think her default is always to serve first. Her serve has for the bulk of her career been her reliable shot and she was raised with an attacking and aggressive mindset. I think at this stage if she and Patrick haven't opted to try receiving first then its unlikely to happen.
I understand that it’s what she’s used to, but being hard-headed at her age is never a good thing (see Venus sticking with the same coach for a decade and how well that did her). Even in the lesser tournaments, it would interesting for Serena to use that tactic.

Serena has never had a problem breaking someone. It’s when she’s two breaks down that she starts to unravel and spray error and by the time she knows it the match is over (see Wimbledon 2019 Final). Now that her serve isn’t as reliable of a weapon, especially when the nerves do her in, she desperately needs to adapt if she wants to see #24

·
Come on 24th!
7,468 Posts
Saraya apparently. I don't know what she did.
And don't forget our gurrrl frenchie!!! 😭 😭 😭
I've lost count how many times the biatch got banned :cry:
Well there are a lot of old gurls that are not posting as often, Novichok, Akeelah, Juju Bean, Doni, Annie, etc.

·
Banned
62 Posts

Reactions: Sui

·
Banned
62 Posts
Apparently there is a margret court thread in the blast from the past section .

I am going to troll that so hard .

Reactions: ashelia

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
Usually Andy Murray does nothing for me, but his body is making me so thirsty !
I was talking about Andy's looks evolution in another thread. He's still not conventionally handsome but his hair is leagues better than it was when he was young and he has a much better body now. Plus he's hot on the inside. One of the few non-assholes/misogynist/racist on the ATP.

I also appreciate whatever material most clothing sponsors are using for these shirts. They are all mostly see-through and they cling nicely.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Yeah Andy could get it. I don’t like his bulky calves but everything else is yummy. Him and Djokovic are daddy.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts