Registered
56,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
That Woman
4,476 Posts
Not especially surprised ?

It's new, and this is the first big tournament since it has been true. Unless you're a player who obsesses over ranking (which Serena clearly does not) or follows tennis news all the time (which Serena clearly does not) I doubt you'd be aware.

I bet Camila Giorgi doesn't know either.

·
Registered
115,505 Posts
Maybe she isnt much of a WTA fan. It seemed to be a pretty big story at the time.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Some players don't care for the tour, Kasatkina for example openly said she doesn't enjoy women's tennis and prefer to watch the men.

That Serena doesn't care should not be a surprise to anyone honestly. Considering all her supposed fight for women athletes and all that narrative it is a bit weird though. At least Kasatkina and her fans never took this kind of role.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's kind of funny, but not a story in and of itself. Serena just genuinely hadn't heard and had lovely and really thoughtful things to say about Ash. You can watch the full press conference on Wimbledon.com -- I think there were two questions about Ash that she answered.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some players don't care for the tour, Kasatkina for example openly said she doesn't enjoy women's tennis and prefer to watch the men.

That Serena doesn't care should not be a surprise to anyone honestly. Considering all her supposed fight for women athletes and all that narrative it is a bit weird though. At least Kasatkina and her fans never took this kind of role.
Well, Serena is a 37 yo mother and obsessed with her daughter.
Her daughter is her #1 priority. And tennis is only #2 after her daughter.
Serena has been world #1 already. And now she only is a part-time WTA player.
Seems she follows the WTA Tour not anymore. But one should know who is #1 player.

Kasatkina is a regular WTA Tour player.
I would be shocked if she doesn't know who #1 is.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
once again a random poster trying to paint her like a monster.

Reactions: hablo

·
Registered
7,886 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Lol. Shade.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
once again a random poster trying to paint her like a monster.
Monster ? lol This is just funny. And nothing else.

And in case you don't know Serena said only nice words about Barty :yeah:

·
Registered
21,223 Posts
I think she did a great job to be no.1. She won Rome and Madrid Miami. And Roland Garros. :eek:h:

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
She probably doesnt even know who Barty is

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Well, Serena is a 37 yo mother and obsessed with her daughter.
Her daughter is her #1 priority. And tennis is only #2 after her daughter.
Serena has been world #1 already. And now she only is a part-time WTA player.
Seems she follows the WTA Tour not anymore. But one should know who is #1 player.

Kasatkina is a regular WTA Tour player.
I would be shocked if she doesn't know who #1 is.
Must be a distressing to have to defend Serena against the hate that you needlessly instigated when you opened this thread.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts

:SNE: of course Serena's name would have you triggered.

·
Registered
40,193 Posts

The SDS has been strong this week.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts