Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was very gracious in defeat and tried to hold back the tears, but it was actually what was hurting me (and probably her fans) the most, is that we could see it. She tried but it was so obvious that it was a HUGE disappointment... Congratulations Maria, of course, she deserves this title, and congratulations Serena for the way you behaved after it was over. It was tough to see though, and I think I know what happened when she got back to her hotel room :sad:

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
I know.. She was sad, and Maria during her speech noticed that and said a few nice words to her, and she seemed more comfortable after that, I also think that was a nice attitude from Maria :) It was a great cerimony, but I felt a bit sad that Serena couldn't speak OK at her turn's on final speech, because she was trying to hard to not cry, and Sue Barker also noticed that and finished quickly.. Gracious.. Simply gracious..

She's always gracious.. I don't know why the other player's fan have to complain about her.. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
pictures like that break my heart :sad: i don't think anyone should question Serena's class, heart, and desire ever again. her and Tracy Austin were the only ones who weren't taking Maria lightly.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It is not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts. Go Serena :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
it was hard to watch and see Serena like that but I'm optimistic. :) :hearts:

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I felt so badly for Serena. I can imagine how badly she wanted to win the title, not just for herself but for her family and her late sister Yetunde. I think she felt like she let her family down. I hope that's not the case because she shouldn't feel that way. :hug:

It's been a rough year and times will continue to be rough for Venus and Serena until the bastard who killed Yetunde is tried and convicted. Serena and even Venus are to be applauded for doing as well as they are under the circumstances. They both carried themselves with such professionalism after their losses.

Pure class! :yeah:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Class act ... :yeah: I'm thinking of putting Serena in green and with bigger letters in my sig :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Nemesis said:
Class act ... :yeah: I'm thinking of putting Serena in green and with bigger letters in my sig :)
Shame on you for not putting Younes in green and bigger font. ;) :wavey:

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
You see things like this....and you wonder: How can anyone hate on the girl?!

Reactions: Nemesis

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
When does anyone feel wonderful about losing a grand slam or any other match for that matter? :confused:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Don't feel bad for Serena Williams.:rolleyes: She is still the most talented female player out there. No one can live with her when she's on form. She still serves better, hits harder and runs faster than any other player out there. One loss won't chage that, she'll be lifting her 7th slam soon.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
I felt bad for her, it almost wasent right that she had to pose with the small dish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts