she had a hard one too in USO but that's cuz she wasn't high seed anyways

·
Art & Futures
20,905 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
I picked Ana and THEN looked at the draw.
If Jelena can't get past Venus and Elena to play for a spot in the semifinals, she doesn't belong there anyway. She'll have to beat a few names, so what?

Ana and Jelena both belong in the semifinals.

·
Registered
18,240 Posts
Jankovic might be gone by 3R or 4R. But I hope Ana's gone by then too to Hantuchova, so I dunno. Jankovic will probably do better.
I am curious as to why you think Hantuchova will beat her. I actually like Vakulenko's chances to beat Ana in the RD32 better than I do Daniela's chances.

·
Art & Futures
20,905 Posts
Daniela has an easier path to QF than Jelena.. so much for 4th seeding!

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
I am curious as to why you think Hantuchova will beat her. I actually like Vakulenko's chances to beat Ana in the RD32 better than I do Daniela's chances.
If Vakulenko will do it instead of Hantuchova, I'm all for it. :p But on a serious note, I just think Daniela can rival Ivanovic's shots and is mentally stronger, even after the Berlin win, yes. This might be Ivanovic's chance to show she doesn't lose her mentality in a Slam, so we'll see.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I impulsively voted for Jelena, now that I remember the draw she's in I'am having second thought, but then again her chances are just as good as Venus and Elena to go all the way.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
wow i would have thought that Jelena would be leading .. i think that Jelena deserves to go further at this tournament but Ana has the easier draw.

BTW: is this the first time that 2 serbians have been in top 8 seeds @ a Grand Slam ?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Well, I think Ana will have a better RG. Not because she is a better player, but because of her better draw.
Ana is a player, who takes her chances, a cakewalk-draw offers her. Like Berlin, like Montreal. That´s nothing negative. Not every player has the ability.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
wow i would have thought that Jelena would be leading .. i think that Jelena deserves to go further at this tournament but Ana has the easier draw.

BTW: is this the first time that 2 serbians have been in top 8 seeds @ a Grand Slam ?
It not the question who "deserves" to go further, but who has the better chances.
That´s why I voted for Ana. Sympathy is with Jelena. ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
119,559 Posts
If Vakulenko will do it instead of Hantuchova, I'm all for it. :p But on a serious note, I just think Daniela can rival Ivanovic's shots and is mentally stronger, even after the Berlin win, yes. This might be Ivanovic's chance to show she doesn't lose her mentality in a Slam, so we'll see.
Daniela can't slide on clay to save her life... :lol: Ana can, she was defending well in Berlin.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts

I agree that Jelena have better game for clay right now, but Ana realy have much better draw...

If they both played her best here for final Jelena need to defeat Henin (sorry Serena fans) and Ana need to win against Kuznetsova (she is much better player at clay than Mauresmo/Sharapova). Jelena never won against Justine (H2H is 0-5) and Henin last time lose match in Paris in 2004 and lose only one set in last two seasons at RG. On other hand Ana lead against Sveta (H2H is 2-1) and last time she won against her before 2 weeks (but OK... i know that Sveta will be favorite in theys RG2007 QF match).

BTW: Yes, this is first time that we have 2 top8 seeds at some GS. When Jelena Dokic played for as like TOP10 player, Monica Seles (also TOP10 in that time) already played couple years for USA. Actualy we have (here at RG07) 3 top8 seeds if you count ATP Novak Djokovic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts