Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a small country and many wars they have some great players and many juniors coming up so strong ,well done!!!!!!!!!

JELENA DOKIC-has been as high as number 4
JELENA JANKOVIC-was number 1 junior in the world
MONICA SELES-former player for the country and world number 1 at the time.
JUNIORS....VOJISLAVA LUCKIC junior number 10 this year she has won 3 titles grade 1, 3 semis ,5 finals look at for her........she can really play
ANA IVANOVIC-top junior
VANJA COROVIC-top junior
NATASA VUCKOVIC
TEODORA MIRCIC
MARIJANA KOVACEVIC
JUST TO MAME A FEW.........

THATS A GOOD EFFORT............

· Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Ana won the eddie her junior international at 13 years old :eek:, and this year took eventual junior wimbeldon winner Kirst Flipkens to 3 sets. I think she will be the next big thing for Yugoslavia after Dokic.

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i herd ana can really play good tennis she hits the ball really hard....

· Premium Member
10,632 Posts
i havent really heard of many croation juniors other than Matea Mezak? im quite certain theres more depth in serb tennis.

Sprem and Kostanic i wouldnt label as juniors so wouldnt include them in this thread.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Its nice to see a small country doing so well.

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the serbian girls are great players and are doing well when they come on to pro level

· Registered
26,637 Posts
SM said:
i havent really heard of many croation juniors other than Matea Mezak? im quite certain theres more depth in serb tennis.

Sprem and Kostanic i wouldnt label as juniors so wouldnt include them in this thread.
Matea's not a Jr. anymore, easy to forget as she missed virtually all of '02 with a knee injury. Last I knew she was kicking around the 10K-25K level, but ask Eggy on that. K'lina is obviously now in "breakout mode" and "Jelefty" has been on the main tour awhile. Frankly, I think the ex-YUG Feds should collaborate on a world-class facility that might host a tournament as well as training. The Adriatic resort of Dubrovnik would seem 2B ideal for this, as tennis tourists could patronize it most of the year ala Saddlebrook in Florida (home of the Hopman Academy, of course).

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
v lukic just won a title grade 1 well done!

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Slovenia ain't doing too badly either with three girls in the Top 50 this year - Katarina Srebotnik, Maja Matevzic and Tina Pisnik. Let's hope there are some good junior players to follow them.

Come to think of it, Slovenia is doing better than Croatia and Yugoslavia. There are no players in the Top 50 from Croatia, and only Jelena Dokic from Yugoslavia.

Then again, after Srebotnik, Matevzic and Pisnik, there is no player of note until Petra Rampre and Tina Hergold, whereas Croatia and Yugoslavia can boast a few more talented players.

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i like the slovenian players there really close with the serbs and they play well...

· Registered
26,637 Posts
Screw the #'s in the Top 50, not counting present Juniors, K'lina IS Balkans tennis re. Top 10, etc. (maybe even Slam potential). Yeah, the Stateless Person might get back in the Top 10; or just as easily out of the Top 30. (Don't worry, Jeca, you can model or something, Uber-Babes are always in demand; 'cept in Oz, maybe)! :eek:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.