Tennis Forum banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
While I'm thrilled that Emma has finally got to a WTA tour-level SF, I sadly think this is where her run ends. She's had an incredible week in Seoul though and any further wins from this point on would be a nice bonus.She looked a bit knackered after her match against Linette and having not played this many matches in one tournament since last year's USO, I fear fatigue will play a huge factor.

So I'm picking Penko in two. The only way I see Penko losing is if she ends up beating herself, but I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
This is going to be an absolute mess and I am living for it

May the bigger trainwreck win :inlove:
and no one is more than Penko.... 3 cringeworthy sets... must see tennis for the sadistic (Penko AND Emma fans).... and those who love watching high speed front end collisions (everyone else)

·
Registered
121,252 Posts
Two 1 slam wonders. Probably Emma, she has a good coach for a little while

Reactions: pigeye23

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
While I'm thrilled that Emma has finally got to a WTA tour-level SF, I sadly think this is where her run ends. She's had an incredible week in Seoul though and any further wins from this point on would be a nice bonus.She looked a bit knackered after her match against Linette and having not played this many matches in one tournament since last year's USO, I fear fatigue will play a huge factor.

So I'm picking Penko in two. The only way I see Penko losing is if she ends up beating herself, but I don't see that happening.
She may well lose, but if it's due to fatigue after playing three straight set matches, then that's cause for concern.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
Though to judge for me because I barely watched Emma play this week (only a few games against Uchjima).

OTOH I watched Aljona vs Gasanova and she was an absolute mess. But today she crushed Kasintseva - was she playing better or simply Kasintseva was so weak?

If it's true what Emma fans say that she's improved a lot and Aljona is like in Gasanova match then the Brit will take it.

But... it's WTA and it wouldn't surprise me if Aljona started to play much better tomorrow.

Reactions: JohnnyCat75

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
and which of them is raking millions in endorsements. life is strange man... and the WTA just mirrors it for I might be an idiot guy.. but if I was a woman... I'd be all over some Penko style and have at least 3 of her outfits in the closet to wear loud and proud at the racket club

·
Registered
59,740 Posts
I have plenty of reasons to root for Emma, but alas I can’t see Ostapenko not being proud enough to bring it and beat a fellow Slamfluke winner (fairly routinely, I must add)... :awww:

hope the sweet one proves me wrong though

·
Registered
16,328 Posts
I think it will be a 3-set match. I wish it’s Emma who ends up winning but Ostapenko is a favorite here.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts