Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the most laughable message ever.

Arizona State University And The Intercollegiate Tennis Association Form Strategic Alliance

The ITA is moving to ASU to better build college tennis. Thoughts:
a) Because that campus is within 250 miles of FIVE D1 programs? That'll build it. :confused:

b) Because the new exec director is long time professor at ASU and a resident of the Tempe area. :wavey:

Nice press release with bs reasoning though.

But what should we expect, finally bastardized the sport despite overwhelming opposition from current and former athletes AND the women's coaches (6 game doubles is a joke, no ad is a mess at 80% of schools that don't have 6 officials while the clinch/clinch thing has the individual rankings jacked up because a lot of top ladder matches don't get finished).

But the ITA has hired a butt load of new staff.

ITA needs to go. Just let the NCAA run college tennis like it runs most other sports. No need for this middle layer of bs.

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,326 Posts
I'm hopeful that the partnership will build some big results. ASU is a pretty decent research institution and the resources there are pretty sweet. I applied for a position there, but after seeing all of the hires from the University of New Mexico and then the Southwest region, I never really stood a chance even with my credentials. Hope it pays off for them.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
The academic reputation of Arizona State that most people are familiar with is how ASU is portrayed by Hollywood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Self-serving industrial relations club is destroying jobs.Want proof, look to Greece, Italy France and most of Europe. Sparring ScoMo lands only hit.Writing resources always focus on providing you with highly qualified pattern of drafting essay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts