Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
play doubles together again ???

well, they played few times together and they were succesful, they won Italian open together back in 1991.

I know it happend last year, but i still can't understand why Jennifer said what she said - about Monica's grunting, she probably knew what will happen - that fans will be angry etc ...

2000 Scottsdale

2001 Scottsdale

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Whatd she say?:confused: I probaly already know.I need an update.:rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Even us huge Jen fans were shocked she said that... she may well regret it herself who knows.

They've played doubles at Scottsdale the last 2 years I think, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't this year because Monica must be EXHAUSTED!!! I doubt she will bother with doubles!!! Is she even playing Scottsdale, surely she must need a rest by now!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I would love to see them play tennis together again :)

The Italian open 91 was one of Jens two doubles titles? or is that the only one??

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
veryborednow, Italin Open 1991 is Jennifer's only one doubles title :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
thank you :) then definately, would be very good to see :)

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Why would you assume there is a problem between them? Neither one has ever said anything about a problem between them. Martina Navratilova made a huge stink about Monica's grunting at Wimbledon and they are quite close. The fans are the ones who hold on to the supposed grudges between players.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
You don't see them in each others company anymore. Assuming there is no further trouble, Monica will eventually forgive her.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I would love to see them play tennis together again!

·
Registered
93 Posts
It would be nice to see Jen playing doubles consistently with someone, anyone. Monica would be great. It would be a compelling team since I like them both as players and as people.

I doubt, though, that doubles is Jen's focus at all right now ;)

·
Premium Member
20,007 Posts
It would be interesting to see, but I just don't think it will happen since the grunting incident has created some ill feeling between the two. It would be a suprise if it did happen, but imho I think it never will.

·
Registered
25,579 Posts
only if Jennifer apologises to Monica first ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe it'll turn out to be like a Martina and Anna thing...they stop playing together and start playing together again...
am i making sense?...??:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts