Tennis Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
best tennis game is WTA Tour Tennis, once you can get over the shock of the poor graphics, you'll notice how awesome the world tour mode really is! There's like 100 players and they all play differantly with Monica Seles and Cara Black being the toughest to beat!!You can also create your own player and the ranking is based on the real wta ranking system.(I'm no.3 at the moment :) )

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
LOL WTA tennis isn't half as good as Sega Sports Tennis or Mario Tennis!

BTW: Slam Tennis is kinda shoddy looking and doesn't feature any female players, you can barely hit any crosscourt shots too... it kinda sucks in comparison with Sega Sports Tennis.

I loooove to play as Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, I have just mastered her dropshots, and in doubles I like a Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario - Carlos Moya team!
I play men's singles as Thomas Enqvist, whoa that backhand! :eek:

Still, if I put it on HARD, I can still lose or be taken to a tie-break easily, I mean, I get overpowered so easily by Monica Seles or Venus or Serena Williams :( and when i try to play as Venus or Serena, I get fucking bagelled because I hit too many errors :(

Well, I read some reviews of this game also, it gets like 90% everywhere, it's awesome, u need to buy it!

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
Glenn

I think WTA Tennis is possibly the best tennis game around - and I am not talking about your USA version. I am talking about the PAL version which is in Europe & Australia. It has very good gameplay and a fantastic World Tour. The only downside is that the graphics are pretty ordinary.

I have Virtua Tennis 2K2 (which is the original of the Sega Tennis game). I hope the gameplay is better on Sega Tennis. In the original it is too easy to hit winners and it is also too simple. The best thing about Sega Tennis is the graphics. Also, there are mixed reviews on this site:
http://www.videogamereview.com/reviews/Sony_Playstation_2/Sports/Sports-2726.asp

Still, I will be buying it when it is available in PAL. :)

With "Slam Tennis" you can hit crosscourt shots if you use the L1 or R1 button when you hit the ball. Easy. I prefer the gameplay of that one to Sega Tennis as well. Shame it doesn't have more big name players otherwise I would love it.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Oh god, Sega Sports Tennis is good, and what's that about no slices, lobs or dropshots? I can do all those... :p

Boy, this game can be really hard on the higher levels, those players just get everything back, with interest... :eek:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Maybe if the people on here could come along, we could stay on video game tour. Top Spin 4 or Virtua Tennis 4 would be perfect but the new AO Tennis has life like creations of pretty much every player, stadium and outfit

21 - 30 of 30 Posts