Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will be in the top 10 by seasons end? Not your favourite but who do you think will have a good and bad year?
Explain how well the top 5 will do

1. Williams
2. Williams
3. Clijsters
4. Henin
5. Golovin
6. Mauresmo
7. Hingis
8. Sharapova
9. Kuznetzova
10. Safina

I didnt put any of the williams' first names coz im expecting them to be swapping between 1st and second and i don't know who will be top come seasons end...they will end the year with two slams each
Clijsters will Get to Wimbledon and Us open semis and win a few tournaments..
Henin will lose in the 3rd round or RG and drop loads of points she will be in the quarters of Wimbledon and win quite a few tournies..
Golovin will get to the RG Quarters/Semis and the wimbledon and US Open semis and Win a few titles including the tour ending champs

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
1. Serena
2. Justine
3. Maria
4. Amelie
5. Vaidisova
6. Hingis
7. Jankovic
8. Petrova
9. Golovin
10. Venus

Serena will most likely get one more slam maybe two. Justine will win the french. I dont know who will win the U.S Open. Maria even though she has been sucking a little when the U.S open and Wimbledon comes around I cant see her losing early she might actually win a slams which I think is a big possiblity. Amelie will most likely not gain any points until after wimbledon when it comes to the slams, I think she lost in the quarters of the French last year and I think she will again, I cant see her winning wimbledon again Vaidisova I think she will make a run again to a semi's at one of the slams this year again, I'm think Wimbledon maybe and then she win a couple of lower level tounaments and be somewhat solid for the rest of the year. Hingis will improve her wimbledon adn U.S open result and I think will defend her French open points from last year. Jankovic will be solid all year I think quarters the rest of the slams this year but she most likely will prove me wrong and make a semi's maybe a final since she really doesnt have a big weakness in her game beside her serve and that could be worse. Nadia will just be whatever the rest of the year nothing really great like winning a slam but not losing early in tournaments she will most likely win a tournament or two. Tatiana I think will take a big jump in the ranking from now until the U.S Open because she lost 1st round at the French last year and 2nd round at Wimbledon and she can improve on that with her current play. Venus will hopefully make the quarters at all the slam that are left this year and I think she will maybe win two more titles this year if she keeps play as much as she is right now and since she only played a very very small schedule last year any tournament that she play will be bonus points just as long as she doesnt get knocked out early or get injured (Maybe she will win a Slam, any slam i dont care just any damn one of them and I'll be happy)

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
how can Mommy Clijsters reach #3 in the world since she plays limited tournaments like AER girl? :eek:

1. Henin - i see her sticks in world #1 by defending most of the titles.
2. Sharapova - i'm sure she is back when grass season arrives
3. S.Williams - this is the furthest she can get with her light schedule.
4. Chakvetadze - no doubt about that.
5. Hingis - as long as Martina plays like Martina, she will stay the same.
6. Kuznetsova - her peak time has passed and she didn't take an opportunity from it.
7. Vaidisova - i think Nicole will improve her game during the summer, but unfortunately not much :eek:
8. Clijsters - she is #8 because doesn't care. period.
9. Peer - my guts told me that.
10. Mauresmo - she is unhealthy.

knocking top 10 door
- Venus, Petrova, Jankovic, Safina, Zvonareva, Safarova, Golovin.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
how can Mommy Clijsters reach #3 in the world since she plays limited tournaments like AER girl? :eek:

1. Henin - i see her sticks in world #1 by defending most of the titles.
2. Sharapova - i'm sure she is back when grass season arrives
3. S.Williams - this is the furthest she can get with her light schedule.
4. Chakvetadze - no doubt about that.
5. Hingis - as long as Martina plays like Martina, she will stay the same.
6. Kuznetsova - her peak time has passed and she didn't take an opportunity from it.
7. Vaidisova - i think Nicole will improve her game during the summer, but unfortunately not much :eek:
8. Clijsters - she is #8 because doesn't care. period.
9. Peer - my guts told me that.
10. Mauresmo - she is unhealthy.
I forgot about Kuznetsova she will probably take Venus's palce in my top ten

·
Art & Futures
20,841 Posts
a lot of these seem a little bit ridiculous

Reactions: selyoink

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Who do you think will be in the top 10 by seasons end? Not your favourite but who do you think will have a good and bad year?
Explain how well the top 5 will do

1. Williams
2. Williams
3. Clijsters
4. Henin
5. Golovin
6. Mauresmo
7. Hingis
8. Sharapova
9. Kuznetzova
10. Safina
:cuckoo:
Clijsters is gonna play Warsaw, Eastbourne, Wimbledon and Luxembourg. I can't imagine how she could finish in Top-5.
Venus, Golovin in Top-5?? Safina in Top-10 but not Jankovic and Vaidisova???

·
Registered
11,582 Posts
01. Serena Williams
02. Justine Henin
03. Maria Sharapova
04. Amelie Mauresmo
05. Jelena Jankovic
06. Anna Chakvetadze
07. Svetlana Kuznetsova
08. Venus Williams
09. Nadia Petrova
10. Martina Hingis

----

11. Nicole Vaidisova
12. Shahar Peer
13. Kim Clijsters
14. Tatiana Golovin
15. Elena Dementieva
16. Ana Ivanovic
17. Daniela Hantuchova
18. Dinara Safina
19. Lucie Safarova
20. Vera Zvonareva

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
This is assuming all players play reasonably free from major injury that would take them out for months:

1. Serena - This may be very close by the end of the year, but I could see her winning YEC and overtaking Justine by then.
2. Justine - Should have a year like last...she should win the French but it's doubtful she'd take Wimby & the US without some major help.
3. Sharapova - Will stick around and maybe win the US again. (Oops I left her out the first time)
4. Mauresmo - She seems to play the big tourneys well, but not the French (and this year not the Australian either). Look for her to start focussing on the smaller tournies a bit more to keep her ranking up.
5. Jankovic - She may not end up with the big results in the big events (or even any tourney wins...hopefully tomorrow tho), but she'll play such a loaded schedule and rack up the points. I do wonder if she's just begging for an injury tho.
6. Petrova - Should bounce back up with some solid play as well.
7. Vaidisova - Similar to Jankovic...she may make another slam semi.
8. Kuznetsova - Solid player who'll make deep runs in most every small tourney and probably 1 deep run in a slam.
9. Chakvetadze - Will gain more good results but likely not break through big anywhere.
10. Venus - A strong run at Wimbledon could squeak her into the top 10 over others.

Clijsters isn't playing enough tournies to make me confident she can stay in the top 10...she'd really have to win a lot of matches.

I think Golovin, Peer, Hingis, & Ivanovic will have solid results that will leave them just outside the top 10.

Dementieva, Schnyder seem to be heading south.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Clijsters will Get to Wimbledon and Us open semis and win a few tournaments..
So basically she'll have to win every tournament outside of those slams that she enters (Warsaw, Eastbourne, Luxembourg, Stuttgart)...and she's supposedly not playing the US Open either.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
1. Sharapova
2. Henin
3. Jankovic
4. Mauresmo
5. Kuznetsova
6. Petrova
7. Williams
8. Vaidisova
9. Safina
10. Chakvedatze

·
Registered
25,407 Posts
Williams in top 10? First they should stop retiring that often and getting fined for pretending injuries. Without that for sure they should be ranked in the top 5

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
In no particular order:

Henin
Serena
Jankovic
Vaidisova
Hingis
Kuznetsova
Petrova
Venus (if she stays healthy)
Mauresmo
Sharapova

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
1.Serena
2.Justine
3.Sharapova
4. Mauresmo
5. Hingis
6. Jankovic
7. Clijsters
8. Vaidisova
9. Kuznetsova
10. Ivanovic

·
29,998 Posts
Williams in top 10? First they should stop retiring that often and getting fined for pretending injuries. Without that for sure they should be ranked in the top 5
Well considering Serena is about to break into the top 10 :lol: Don't know too many players who can come back from #140 in the world and enter the top 10 in less that a year.

·
Premium Member
28,151 Posts
  1. Serena Williams
  2. Justine Henin
  3. Maria Sharapova
  4. Jelena Jankovic
  5. Svetlana Kuznetsova
  6. Amelie Mauresmo
  7. Martina Hingis
  8. Nadia Petrova
  9. Nicole Vaidisova
  10. Venus Williams (if she stays healthy and continues to build her form could finish higher)
*Possible threats *
Anna Chakvetadze
Shahar Peer
Dinara Safina
Elena Dementieva
Tatiana Golovin

1 - 20 of 85 Posts