Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I read the article this morning concerning Chanda's match I was bewildered because I had been following the match up until the point where we were told that Irvin was leading 7-5 4-0. I went to bed right then.

What's bewildering is the fact that the actual score in that match wasn't even close. I guess the only truth about that was that Chanda had, in fact, led 5-2 in the first.

Clearly we have a problem. The first one is tournaments that do not have live scoring for whatever pathetic reason. The second problem is either dishonest posters or annoyed media personnel at the tournament.

Unfortunately I can't see any other way of getting scores live in light of the tournament's shortcomings and certainly the same person can not do the calling all the time since it should be a collective effort by us all. Thanks for all those who have taken the time to do so.

A peeve of mine in these threads is that persons enter the thread and keep asking what the score is. I mean, come on, it's a scoring thread, you look for the last posted score and wait for the updated score to be posted when it becomes available. We can't call every minute for the score so be patient or call yourself.

I think it takes a lot of patience with people who keep pressing and pressing for updates when they won't make the sacrifice to call the tournament since it'll cost them too much money. Therefore allow the persons to call at reasonable intervals and we'll all be updated as frequently as possible. I wish we would all be a little more understanding and patient.

Reactions: Experimentee

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
People who post wrong scores are idiots :mad:

I learnt long ago not to believe scores posted unless they are from a credible source.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
it is a problem dating back to the old wtatour boards. i have to admit that even i have been guilty of providing wrong schools - although it was not intentional and simply a miscommunication with my source.

the tools who do it for kicks are so sad that you can't really stay mad with them for long.

i was just so relieved to see that she won that i didn't care in the end.

although there was another error because it was reported that she won 6-2, 6-4 and then eventually we got the real score.

fortunately there are not many tournaments with such shitty scoring facilities

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
switz said:
it i have to admit that even i have been guilty of providing wrong schools - with such shitty scoring facilities
:sad: The poor kids...:sad:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I posted Chanda won 6-2 6-4, which was wrong. Unfortunately I think the same person posting the fake scores told me that score. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts