Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: 2016 Schedule

when will be out the MD list of the first WTA125k of the season?

·
Registered
698 Posts

when will be out the md list of the first wta125k of the season?
alizé cornet, france
barbora strycova, czech republic
margarita gasparyan, russia
alison van uytvanck, belgium
teliana pereira, brazil
monica puig, puerto rico
alexandra dulgheru, romania
yanina wickmayer, belgium
nao hibino, japan
madison brengle, usa
denisa allertova, czech republic
karin knapp, italy
daria kasatkina, russia
misaki doi, japan
christina mchale, usa
yulia putintseva, kazakhstan
shuai zhang, china
tatjana maria, germany
zarina diyas, kazakhstan
saisai zheng, china
olga govortsova, belarus
ajla tomljanovic, croatia
irina falconi, usa
carina witthoeft, germany
magdalena rybarikova, slovakia
mariana duque-mariño, columbia
cici bellis, usa

·
Registered
16,016 Posts

Much will depend on IW results.
Even more because only 4 top 50 players can play(as WC's)

·
Registered
698 Posts

I'm shocked:eek: almost everybody ranked 50-100 wants to play:eek::eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Will this Israeli tournament evern happen, or will it be the tournament in Egypt?
It's impossible to predict what the security conditions will be like in Israel in November, so really this is a question that just can't be answered right now. To that note, they did just play Europe/America Group 1 in Eliat, so that would be a good sign.

·
Registered
29,560 Posts

so official list for San Antonio out tomorrow, @Nightcrawl3r :cheer:

·
Registered
29,560 Posts

·
Registered
53,814 Posts

Latest update:

Israel's $125K tournament definitely cancelled

Carlsbad has chosen no to hold a doubles tournament (singles only)

·
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Latest update:

Israel's $125K tournament definitely cancelled

Carlsbad has chosen no to hold a doubles tournament (singles only)
I'm guessing that Limoges will still move to 11/14 if France makes the Fed Cup final?

·
Registered
698 Posts

the entry list for Bol?

·
Registered
11,816 Posts

Why are half the 125k events in November? That's just going to turn them into vulture events rather than events for up and comers and those trying to break into the top 100...

·
Registered
7,751 Posts

Why are half the 125k events in November? That's just going to turn them into vulture events rather than events for up and comers and those trying to break into the top 100...
When should those tournaments should be held then?

In regular weeks there are usually 2 tournaments, and adding a 125K to those weeks will just affect the field of all 3 tournaments. WTA won't do that :sobbing: Especially sometimes you already get BYES in some International Q draws because the competition from ITFs etc. Also you have to consider the venue... or else we'll have those threads complaining about those ridiculously weak Chinese tournaments again :lol: The most feasible place in the calendar would be the second week of IW/Miami/GS, and there are 3 this year... and San Antonio is actually pretty strong in fact.

Indeed, putting it in Nov will also allow some players to vulture but if you look back and see the field in 14/15 125Ks, it's pretty much fine. It is supposed to be a bit stronger than ITF 100Ks. They also restrict the # of Top 50 players to compete so it could prevent some of the higher ranked to vulture.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts

When should those tournaments should be held then?

In regular weeks there are usually 2 tournaments, and adding a 125K to those weeks will just affect the field of all 3 tournaments. WTA won't do that :sobbing: Especially sometimes you already get BYES in some International Q draws because the competition from ITFs etc. Also you have to consider the venue... or else we'll have those threads complaining about those ridiculously weak Chinese tournaments again :lol: The most feasible place in the calendar would be the second week of IW/Miami/GS, and there are 3 this year... and San Antonio is actually pretty strong in fact.

Indeed, putting it in Nov will also allow some players to vulture but if you look back and see the field in 14/15 125Ks, it's pretty much fine. It is supposed to be a bit stronger than ITF 100Ks. They also restrict the # of Top 50 players to compete so it could prevent some of the higher ranked to vulture.
Hmmm, good points. They just don't seem very spaced out to me. There's one in March, two in May and the rest in November. I would think to maybe put one in July after Wimbledon and one in September after the US Open. :shrug:

That way they can help people to build up their ranking during the year, but at the moment with them being in November, it might lead to some players cutting down on their end of year break to try and grab more ranking points.

·
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Hmmm, good points. They just don't seem very spaced out to me. There's one in March, two in May and the rest in November. I would think to maybe put one in July after Wimbledon and one in September after the US Open. :shrug:

That way they can help people to build up their ranking during the year, but at the moment with them being in November, it might lead to some players cutting down on their end of year break to try and grab more ranking points.
I really think anyone playing a WTA challenger in November would be perfectly fine playing a high-level ITF challenger in November, so it doesn't have as much to do with that, rather more that they are mostly scheduled so as to not compete with WTA events. Even Bol, since it was played the second week of the French. That's double-edged to me: WTA tournaments don't lose out on potential entrants, depth, and revenue, while the WTA challengers, still growing in number, have less competition for the same.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts