Tennis Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Game, set and match koukalova, defeating Pennetta 6-4 6-0

Flavia was very tired and made tons of errors; Koukalova played a great match but she hasn't a real opponent today.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
well, it was a mistake in my earlier post - i ment that KOUKALOVA is stronger, quicker and has better angles. and i take back that pennetta is weaker - she's actually stronger, but koukalova can change direction of shot stronger, while penneta can only go stroke to stroke stronger.
also - the koukalova BH is WAY better. then again, the koukalova forehand, as a point shot and not anguler winner shot - isn't effective at all.
koukalova tends to serve down the T, pennetta still not capturing koukalova's serve timin, and often hits her serve returns really badly.
koukalova gets annoyed with herself alot, it's a shame.
she has to take drop shots from better positions, btw.

to conclude the match - penneta returns wide and long too much to be competetive against koukalova, and koukalova takes all rallies due to better changing of direction, as well as speed that allows her the freedom of selecting what shot to make.
pennetta has to play deeper and hit somewhere OTHER than the center of court.
when underback hand pressure - she can't go for a pathetic DTL shot when koukalova reads it so well.
she also has to get her serve going - both players have really low percentages, but penneta gets it round in the crucial points.
and not suprisingly - the last shot rally:
penneta serves, fualt. second serve easy for koukalova to pounce on sending it to pennetta's BH. a few strokes between the cross court backhands, eventually pennetta is under too much pressure, goes for something DTL, totally wide.

·
Premium Member
181,800 Posts
very disappointing Flavia :sad: :(

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
:woohoo: Klara great win, now get your 2nd title of the year :yeah:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
:woohoo: :bowdown: :banana: :apumpkin: :bounce: GIULIA :hug: ! :toothy: :banana: :crazy: :bounce:

:dog: 2000 Knokke
:dog: 2001 Gold Coast
:dog: 2005 Palermo

201 - 216 of 216 Posts