Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What I mean is that if the Feder/Grosjean match cannot be completed today and has to be completed tomorrow along with the Roddick/Ancic match, would the ladies' final be moved to Sunday, like in 2001?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
If it completely rain off today (which is unlikely) then I think maybe they will push it till Sunday.

If Roger match finish and Andy match has a start already, chance is that they will push women final till 4pm or 5pm or something and start with second semis first.

That is just a guess though

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'm concerned about this too, esp. since I had to go out of town and I'm taping tomorrow. :(

I just knew something was gonna happen to screw it up. :mad:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
they're putting roddick and ancic on court 1

and the tarps are off the last i heard...

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I'm sure they're faking the pictures, I'm nine miles away and I haven't seen a drop of rain since 3.30 :(.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
*dead* @ Kart!!!!! :crazy:

·
15,233 Posts
Kart said:
Oh I just looked out of the window, it is raining after all :eek: :tape:.
:haha:

·
8,263 Posts
come on Roger, beat Seb quickly and show the immense depth of men tennis :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Welll, the rain how now come back. It's almost 7:30pm in London, so it will be close as to whether they finish the matches. Since the Roddick/Ancic match is on Court 1, it won't really affect the women's final. The Federer match is nearly over, and it could be finished today. If not, they may just put that on at noon tomorrow (or even 1pm) and then just have the women's match follow it.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, play has been suspeded for today and the schdeule is tentatively the conclusion of the Federer/Grosjean match and then the ladies' final, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
They should probably move the womens match to Sunday.

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
I personally don't mind if it rains tomorrow too, because I'm working from 9am to 1pm and have to tape it.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pureracket said:
They should probably move the womens match to Sunday.
If there is more rain on Saturday, they probably will.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW, this delay will help Serena more than Maria as she will have a little more time to work out whatever kinks are still left in her game. As for Maria, she can talk all she wants about not begin nervous, but the longer she has to wait to play, the more nervous she is going to get.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts