Tennis Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
MartyFan said:
not sure............lol i licked french more growing up my mom was from the french side so i picked up on that more
I hate french :eek: :(

Now I'm gonna sleep a bit!

Goodnight everyone, and thx Martyfan for the scores

·
Registered
418 Posts
MartyFan said:
but what does Deinze ligt dicht bij Gent mean?
It's near/close to Gent, do you know Gent? The capital of East-Flanders (a province in the East of Belgium)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Yoon Jeong Cho (KOR) / Francesca Schiavone (ITA) def. Teryn Ashley (USA) / Abigail Spears (USA) 7-5 7-6(9-7)

Teryn / Abigail :mad:

Francesca :mad:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Francesca singles! :sad:
Francesca doubles!! :D

Great tournament Francesca!!! :D :D :D

Good Luck in the Doubles Final!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
teryn/abi :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
kim :bounce: :bowdown: :woohoo: :yippee: :hearts:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Jennifer CAPRIATI (USA) d. Maria VENTO-KABCHI (VEN) 6-4, 6-4

Jen played great. Maria played good but it just wasn't enough. Jen is doing everything well right now.

Followed by
Cara BLACK (ZIM)/Lisa RAYMOND (USA) d. Eleni DANIILIDOU (GRE)/Rita GRANDE (ITA), 6-1, 6-4

Black/Raymond have excellent chemistry.

EVENING SESSION
STADIUM COURT

7:30 PM
Kim CLIJSTERS (BEL) d. Francesca SCHIAVONE (ITA), 6-3, 6-2

Schiavone didn't play so well, but she came out blazing in doubles.

Followed by
Yoon Jeong CHO (KOR)/Francesca SCHIAVONE (ITA) d. Teryn ASHLEY (USA)/Abigail SPEARS (USA) 7-5, 7-6 (7)

This one was incredible, but I left very disappointed. As I said, Schiavone was fricken off the hook. She's also pretty funny to watch. She's a character. :) It went back and forth the whole night. For some reason Ashley kept on coming up instead of playing back in the second set and towards the end of the match and Cho kept hitting lobs over their heads. I couldn't believe it. I swear Cho must have hit atleast 15 superb quality lobs the whole night, with about 10 coming in the last 4 games and tie-breaker. Ashley just wouldn't learn her lesson. And she was just trying to rally with Cho, someone that she should have been trying to overpower. I think practicing sometimes does players a little bad since it makes them just want to rally with opponents instead of trying to ram the ball down their throats. She would just rally with Cho, then approach on a shot that she knows Cho could do whatever she wants with and Cho was just lob it over their heads. Abby was awesome at the net and on her shots, though. She has an incredible smile, IMO. :)

181 - 193 of 193 Posts