Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Hopefully he doesn’t ruin her.

If he can calm her down and give her a serve. Look out.

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was wrong about one thing: the post I made is on a thread that still exists:

He is going to coach Dayana.
October 21st. Old news.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
So happy he's not working with Angie at least.

Good luck to this pairing - it might work?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was wrong about one thing: the post I made is on a thread that still exists:

October 21st. Old news.
About that...

From another thread that still exists - Dayana's subforum (I'm a big fan and have been subscribed for months):

One of the rumors: Dayana is going to work with Philippe Dehaes. She'll announce her new coach in the begging of November
In direct response to the above post:

Yes! Just the news I want to hear!

My packing just got a whole lot more exciting!
Thank you! so they've chosen the coach already. Intrigue-intrigue-intrigue :D

Yes and as I said earlier today, I have confirmation which you guys will be getting from me soon.
Honestly, Dayana just needs a coach that won't bail and I doubt Dehaes will if it's working out and she needs someone who can "finish" her game in that he needs to improve her at the net, refine her movement and make her serve consistent. Everything else can always be developed, but it doesn't need much work. Dayana didn't need that creep around her all the time.
There's not much going on right now. Dayana is relaxing and just waiting to pick a date to confirm Dehaes as her coach publicly.
Those were from October 27th. Old news?

These forums are public and anyone can go to that subforum and see for themselves. Please be careful not to make specious claims when receipts are readily available.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Mladenovic is a top doubles player who is dating Thiem. Money should not have been the problem. This cant be for money, Yastremska doesnt have it the way the veterans stars do
Kiki earned over $9 million so far.
They're not dating any longer, and she's probably blown it all away on language lessons.

Kidding! Even though I don't care for Mladenovic, I have to admit that her Fed Cup efforts were truly admirable. Publicly dumped by her coach and friend for a younger prospect and her boyfriend (she could have dumped him, but at any rate the relationship has ended), and then she goes on to carry her team on her back getting all 3 points. She even teamed with a player she could have a contentious/awkward relationship with (and a player who was double bagelled the day prior, no less). Hats off.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
About that...

From another thread that still exists - Dayana's subforum (I'm a big fan and have been subscribed for months):

Those were from October 27th. Old news?

These forums are public and anyone can go to that subforum and see for themselves. Please be careful not to make specious claims when receipts are readily available.
Ouch! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Given that Dayana Yastremska is about the same Age when Bajin began coaching Naomi Osaka Sascha will now be judged if he can create the same success with Dayana that he did with Naomi. I doubt he will!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I've yet to see what all the hoopla about Yastremska is based on. I watched her play a few times and I see a work in progress. I just don't see huge talent with her. If I'm proven wrong so be it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've yet to see what all the hoopla about Yastremska is based on. I watched her play a few times and I see a work in progress. I just don't see huge talent with her. If I'm proven wrong so be it.
I agree about the work in progress but, to me, the sky's the limit. Most people on this forum seem to believe that she's pretty much like the girl in the nursery rhyme - "when she was good she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was horrid," which is why so many simply dismiss her as a BBB. Anyone who's a real fan of hers (like me :smile2:) will tell you that the horrid moments have been getting fewer and fewer in recent months.

If you watch her final win in Strasbourg over Caroline Garcia you will see what the likers are raving about. The same, from a defensive point of view, about her win over Alja Tomljanovic in Hua Hin (setting aside the controversy over the MTO). Some of the shots which she has come up with this year have pretty much been beyond belief, and there is simply nobody else on tour who could have made them.

Of course she still has a long way to go, and it will be interesting to see how much progress she can make with the new coach.

·
Registered
81,345 Posts
They look good together..good luck for the new team!!

·
Registered
81,345 Posts
This Sascha is so full of himself...:help:

21 - 40 of 99 Posts