Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/...=2007050304272000.htm&date=2007/05/03/&prd=th&

Sania getting into her groove

HYDERABAD: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza, is slowly but steadily getting back to the business. As part of her schedule to stage a comeback after an injury break for close to two months, the 20-year-old Sania has decided to skip the German Open starting on May 7 as she still feels that she has not regained the desired match-fitness levels.

After six-weeks of intensive training, the World No. 50, feels that it would still take time to enter the big events. "I don't want to compete without actually feeling completely fit enough to be there," Sania informed The Hindu after another long session on the clay court in the twin cities here.

Nice break

t was a nice break in a way. I spent time with my family members. However after a couple of weeks I started getting bored. But, once back on the court, I feel different," she said.

But, she revealed that she was almost certain to take part in the Morocco Open starting on May 14. "Probably I will be there a few days earlier as the clay court I am practising on here, is slightly different from the ones there. It is important to get used to them especially in my comeback event," she said.

More comfortable

With South African trainer Heath Mathew re-joining her, Sania says she is definitely feeling more comfortable. "Those gingerly movements are a thing of the past though I am still training with a bandaged knee as a precautionary measure," she said to a query.

Sania said there was no point in hurrying back into the big league without actually being 100 per cent match-fit. "And I am confident that I will be playing my natural game at the earliest," she said. "It is a bit painful to miss the circuit but these are things which are not in my hands. As sportspersons we have to face these things and keep looking ahead," she added.

Worrying factor

What is important for her fans is that Sania is feeling much better and improving all the time with her movements on the court. One of the worrying factors for a player of her calibre is the lack of a hitting partner in the twin cities.
"But, given her mental toughness and eagerness to be back, I am confident that Sania should be at her best very soon," says her father Imran Mirza even as his famous daughter signs off with her typical exuberance after another hard grind on the court.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,713 Posts
Sania's cool. She always comes across in her interviews as being unusually mature with a great perspective on tennis and on life in general. I'm sure she will be fine. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Come on Sania do ur best for Clay season.. try get match fit and then bring on Wimbledon and Us hard courts where you can get back to your best..

·
Art & Futures
20,861 Posts
i hope she wins a GS in her career... tennis diversity man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts