Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testud visits old haunts
Sandrine Testud returned to Roland-Garros for a visit this Saturday; meeting up with old friends and showing off her baby daughter, Isabella, born on 19 February. The 31 year-old, now in retirement, was accompanied by her husband, Vittorio, as she strolled around "old haunts" and greeted old friends. "It's great to see people I haven't seen for a long time but I haven't missed the competition at all" said the girl from Lyon, now resident in Rome, who played her last game at Wimbledon in 2002. So who does she think will win the "French" in 2003? "I don't think it'll be a Williams. Not this year. I don't think they're well prepared enough. I watched Serena in Rome and I thought she made a lot of unforced errors. I think it'll be a French or Belgian girl who'll win…If you know who I mean. As for the men, I know it's pretty boring to say so but It'll be a Spaniard or an Argentinian."

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL yea!
Let's hope she's right.
Except for the men's side, go Gustavo! ;)

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
give me a break sandrine! You see Serena play in a match in Rome and all of the sudden she won't win?

:rolleyes:
I think she really wants Amelie to win, but I would put my money on the Kim or Justine before her.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,442 Posts
OMG Scott.....thank God you aren't a Williams fan or you would spend your entire day and entire night telling people to shut up.

Anyways, glad to here that Sandrine is still with the tennis world :)

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
yeah, i just read that on the RG site---lol- I'm happy that all the pressure is on these 3 to win the title- lets see if all 3 can withstand the pressure- Glenn- we all know what happened just a few months ago in OZ ;) :wavey: I have Kim to win but i still find it highly intriguing if either one of these 3 will live up to the expectations- keep the mounting pressure coming :D they all have the game, we'll see Go Venus :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
look let's face it people. Serena is looking extremely vulnerable on clay and Venus has been nowhere near the stuff. Sandrine's views are extremely reasonable. i for one won't be surprised if either Kim or Justine wins RG. i also agree that it will be a Spaniard (if Moya gets his flipping act together or, God forbid, Ferrereeks) or preferably an Argentine who will win the men's.

or maybe i just agree with Sandrine.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Sandrine :hearts: - We miss you so much :sad:

Interesting choices. She was pretty keen on the Williamses last year (hence, the "not this year" part), and she has been on tour with all of these people and has beaten almost all of the top players, so I really value her opinion. Interesting choices, though I can't really say I'm surprised.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Mikey said:
Sandrine :hearts: - We miss you so much :sad:

Interesting choices. She was pretty keen on the Williamses last year (hence, the "not this year" part), and she has been on tour with all of these people and has beaten almost all of the top players, so I really value her opinion. Interesting choices, though I can't really say I'm surprised.

yeah, it took a lot of expertise to name the 3 she named-okay-lol. Hell half this board, the majority who don't even play tennis have one of these 3 to win...

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Dr. Scotso said:
Don't roll your eyes at Sandrine, she is the nicest person to ever play on the tour, so don't go pulling that shit just because she didn't pick your favorite to win.

We miss you Sandrine :wavey:
I can do and say whatever the fuck I want to. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
bajangurl said:
yeah, it took a lot of expertise to name the 3 she named-okay-lol. Hell half this board, the majority who don't even play tennis have one of these 3 to win...
Why did you quote me on this one :confused:

Were you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? lol

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I see nothing wrong with her opinons. I just disagree that watching one of Serena's matches would mean that Henin and Kim have the edge over Serena. Back that view up with facts not because you watched one match and the player made errors. I can say Henin and Kim will lose because they are known to go off the boil during the slams.

Serena imho is still the one to beat even though this could be Justine's time to shine. I just wouldn't be surprised if Serena is holding up that trophy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts