Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm a Sandrine Fan and a Tatiana fan, but I'm a bigger Sandrine fan. I love watching her play and I think she's an excellent addition to the team. While she technically doesn't deserve since she's returning from a leave of absence, her past credentials are good enough for another crack at the Olympics. She missed the Sydney 2000 Olympics with an injury, so hopefully she'll do well in Athens!!

Does anyone know why Tatiana was dropped from the team?? I know my friend in Germany knows what it's like to be dropped from an Olympic team, and it's not fun. However, I'm really happy for Sandrine and I hope she gets a medal in either singles or doubles (or at least, I hope I can see her on tv!!!)

·
Registered
379 Posts
guycan said:
I'm a Sandrine Fan and a Tatiana fan, but I'm a bigger Sandrine fan. I love watching her play and I think she's an excellent addition to the team. While she technically doesn't deserve since she's returning from a leave of absence, her past credentials are good enough for another crack at the Olympics. She missed the Sydney 2000 Olympics with an injury, so hopefully she'll do well in Athens!!

Does anyone know why Tatiana was dropped from the team?? I know my friend in Germany knows what it's like to be dropped from an Olympic team, and it's not fun. However, I'm really happy for Sandrine and I hope she gets a medal in either singles or doubles (or at least, I hope I can see her on tv!!!)
sandrine had a protected ranking that was higher than Tati's was so that is why she was dropped. i feel so sad for her :sad:

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Tylane, I can understand your disappointment for Tatiana but please don't post negative comments in our forum. Sandrine has been a top player for many years and deserves a great deal more respect. Thanks.

:wavey:

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no doubt Sandrine is deserving to go to Olympics.
But let's be honest... she has no chance to do well, she's lacking of competition :(

So FFT was right to pick Tatiana instead. But i can't understand they didn't know the rules !? I really feel sorry for Tatiana, she thought she would go to the olympics, and medias talked a lot about it with her. And now ITF says she can't. It's really a shame.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Well, in singles it will be difficult but Sandrine has been competitive in all her matches even though she's been on the losing end in most of them. Hopefully she can play enough warmups to get in groove and gain confidence. In doubles I believe she and Nathalie have a legitmate shot to do well if they can play some matches together beforehand.

As for Tatiana, it is a shame she was led to believe she would go. And I feel badly for Emilie too although I read that she wasn't going to go anyways. Or maybe she knew she wasn' t going to be selected and didn't want to make a fuss - not sure.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm not a big fam of Tatiana, I'm just objective, it's a shame tha a player who retired and who comes back with a protecting ranking goes to Athens, she can't rivalisze, she's not in form ! Jo it's not an exhibition ! That's all.

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
:cuckoo:

Ummm ... Tylane .... go to the French Open doubles results and please check Sandrine's success in the event

then please kindly leave our forum

1 - 20 of 67 Posts