·
Registered
87,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough match for Sakkari but in the 3rd she was really better

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Mentally wasn't in it at the start, so i'm glad she could settle down and steady the ship. :) She defends a fair few points here so every win is important, especially if she wants to stay seeded for the US Open.

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
the lying cheat advancing always is a bad day for tennis. :facepalm:

·
Registered
87,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Goddess Sakkari played patiently in the third set and got things done. Her coach is great besides handsome ??? and was spot on in the OCC.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,956 Posts
Such a shame Hibi is that much powerless :awww:
Hibi is weaponless, but does mix spins nicely.
Yeah, she really does have some amazing touch and finesse shots and a great deal variety and skill. But as both of you say, sadly, without at least a little bit more power than she currently possesses all those nice qualities still don't add up to being enough to compete regularly at a top 100 level. Mayo doesn't need to hit as hard as the tour's big hitters, she doesn't even need to hit as hard as players like Wozniacki or Kasatkina or Cornet (although obviously if she could that would be to her benefit). But if she is going to establish herself in the top 100 she is going to have to at least hit a little bit harder than she does at the moment. I hope she finds a way because the finesse she brings with her on the court is quite delightful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts