Tennis Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
46,936 Posts
Welcome back Naomi. Really hoping she plays the full US swing at least and climbs the rankings back up. But it is encouraging to see Qinwen adapt to the tour quickly as well.

·
Registered
15,709 Posts
Good to see Naomi back. i hope she stays focused on Tennis and fulfills her potential. WIth all the drama the last few years its easy to forget she has four slams.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks like Naomi is enjoying herself on the court again, great to see. Maybe her dad should travel with her more for the tournaments, she always looks so happy and relaxed when he's around.

·
Registered
120,583 Posts
This draw will give everyone a good idea of where Osaka is. Gauff, probably Badosa

Osaka/Gauff
Badosa/Mandlik

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
It was a good match,Naomi was the better player on big points hitting aces when needed and Qinwen was too erratic on big points especially on return.
She still needs to improve her shot selection for example I remember only one slice,she won the point as Naomi hit an UE .
I was happy to see that she was willing to come at the net.:love:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Does she tho? Looks very 2021 to me. Last time I rememver her better shaped is in mid 2020.
She's definitely not as fit as she was at the US Open 2020 but to me she looks trimmer now than she did when she won the Australian last year 🤷‍♂️

Her movement looks a bit slower than a couple of years ago too, but that could also be rust/lack of matches.

·
Registered
358 Posts
She's definitely not as fit as she was at the US Open 2020 but to me she looks trimmer now than she did when she won the Australian last year 🤷‍♂️
She looks thicker, but I think it depends on what she's wearing - she looked pretty fit at Madrid, but looked a bit frumpy in the RG dress.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Osaka should have won in Straight Sets...
Losing serve in S2 at 3-4 was Prideless, Can't Happen...
All told, a decent effort by Naomi...
Still, she should have won 2-0...
Holefully, Naomi doesn't crap out when it really matters...
Losing serve in spots like that can"t happen...
Happens all the time doesn't it? This is WTA. The girls are breaking serve left and right. Think you're being a bit hard on Osaka, sounds like it was a high-quality contest. 😉

·
Registered
358 Posts
Happens all the time doesn't it? This is WTA. The girls are breaking serve left and right. Think you're being a bit hard on Osaka, sounds like it was a high-quality contest. 😉
If anyone watches an ATP match this isn't Rafa or Novak, then they'd see it happens quite often in their matches too.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts