Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
RUTHLESS.

EVERYTHING was clicking, the forehand was working, the backhand was great, the serve was fantastic, she basically got to every single shot Kalinina tried to hit as a winner.

If she plays like that against Naomi, we have a great match on our hands.

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
Welp. The most interesting part of this match was Gauff's skirt (it's so Venus lol). She was moving so well and serving excellently though, such a confident performance. Sets up a star-studded match against Osaka next, which is good for the WTA.

I was hoping for more of a battle here - Kalinina has lost so much form since the start of the year. She's beaten Sakkari, Keys x2, Raducanu, Muguruza, Stephens, Rybakina, Cornet, taken a set off of Iga during her streak... I hope the injury she had a few weeks ago hasn't completely derailed her. Looked very underpowered today.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
29 winners from Coco in a 1 & 0 match??! Yowza! I’m so excited for a Coco/Naomi clash! I hope the level is remotely as good as today from both

Reactions: JB tennis

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
is Gauff the real #2?
I think Jabeur has actually cemented herself as the also-ran to Swiatek (although I was trashing her during the French Open lmao).

Now it's REAL #3.

·
Registered
59,337 Posts
what happened? she never wins with such scorelines , does she?
Kalinina, what was that?

congrats Coco (y)

Reactions: followdaisy

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
That was a stupid level from Gauff. I am very interested to see what we get from her tomorrow. It’s really hard for a young player like her after that type of performance to face someone as good as Naomi and not think in the back of your mind I shot my wad and I’m probably not going to be able to play this well again today. If she keeps it competitive and loses I still think it’s an improvement over their meeting in I think Cincinnati last year

·
Art & Futures
26,630 Posts
wow. ez.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts