Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Svitolina sometimes called "Baseolina or Pusholina" overpowered Kasatkina 6-3,6-1 in one hour.
Svit now has a H2H record of 5W to 0L with Kas.
Svit simply out hit the defense of Kas.
I was watching the very close match between Davis and Kenin(2h 41min) and flipped over to the Svit/Kas match and it was already over.
Kas only won 3 of Svit's 23 1st serves.
-
Apparently, Kasatkina's game plays right into the strength of Svitolina's game.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
When Elina frees up on the FH and gets a chance to do so, it's one of the top sights in WTA. Indeed, Kasatkina could not catch a breather in this match as Svitolina was hitting most of the balls from up down. She can do that more often in this matchup than others and gets into a nice rhythm.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Kasatkina looked very good for the opening 20 minutes. After that, she reverted to pushing and since that it was all Svitolina.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Defensive play does not work against Svitolina. You have to hit hard, deep and stay extremely aggressive from first ball to closing it...finishing at the net always helps but easier said than done.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Kasatkina looked very good for the opening 20 minutes. After that, she reverted to pushing and since that it was all Svitolina.
Exactly, until 3/3 it was a high quality match, if you don't take into account the 1st serve% that was low from both.

Kasatkina was on the front foot and should have been a break up.After those 20 min ,I don't know if it was because she couldn't sustain that intensity but she dropped her level started to play too far from her baseline and shorter and Svitolina punished those short balls.

I was quite impressed by Svitolina's forehand today, she really punished all the short balls.:eek:

The only thing that Svitolina did badly was the serve but Kasatkina court position to return the 2nd serve was insane and she didn't punished that 2nd serve.

Reactions: martin_91

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Wasn't Kasatkina supposedly "back" for beating an out of sorts Buzarnescu? Svitolina predictably brought her back to Earth without even being spectacular herself, all she had to do is to punish hilariously slow serves and puffballs landing midcourt without any intent.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Haven't really seen Svitolina blast forehands like this before. Admittedly I don't watch that many of her matches, but today she was hitting almost everything with an aggressive intent. As some posters have stated, Kasatkina's spinny shots seemed to sit up nicely in Elina's strike zone. Maybe she'll keep trying to stay ahead in the points and scramble a bit less this hard court swing to spare her knees.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
GOATlina!!!!!!! P5 Queen. Slay the field.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts