Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unreal level by Shelby Rogers. Amazing serving while basically not making any UEs...
Even Bouzkova made more UE recently while not hitting any winner in a 6-0 6-3 match.
Not much AA could have done today

3 Unforced errors in 20 games, thats 0.15 UE per game, compared to 2.1 UE per game by Sabalenka today for example....
Set 1 Stats (11 to 1 Winner/UE ratio is incredible)
Purple Font Violet Screenshot Magenta

Full match stats
Purple Font Magenta Rectangle Screenshot

·
Art & Futures
26,710 Posts
wow incredible!!

crazy to see her 3 matches in a row as underdog

• Love
Reactions: auntie janie

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Shelby played such great controlled aggression today. If she plays like this it's really hard to beat her. Hopefully she keeps it up for two more matches. If SAISAI of all people can win here, Shelby should be able to as well.

·
Registered
Team Vika
47,961 Posts
Shelby finally gets a new career high ranking :rocker:

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Yep.....Bianca makes another player. Beat Bibi and anything is possible.....players grow in confidence.:whistle:

Reactions: pattyclijsters

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Of course, I wanna drag Amanda, as a fan…. She keeps screwing up prime opportunities.
But damn.. Shelby actually looks really good here this week. Some nice wins in a row, and no one left is unbeatable. Go all the damn way, Shelbs! With this SF, she reaches a new career high of #35.

·
Registered
LAF work ethics
782 Posts
Delicious result. One golden opportunity for Shelby to not only reach her best, but at last grab a first title - she just has to play like this 2 more matches. Another late bloomer (y)

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Rogers played like an inform Pliskova so Anisimova didn’t really stand a chance. NID really.

Anisimova needs to improve her serve and movement if she ever wants to win a slam on hard courts/grass. She’s a good player but there’s always a big server or counter puncher waiting for her in the late stages who can keep the ball out of her strike zone & her game is then completely handicapped.

I wouldn’t completely rule out a Krejcikova/Ostapenko (fellow static big hitters who like to tee off the ball) run at RG. Her mental game this year is a lot more positive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep.....Bianca makes another player. Beat Bibi and anything is possible.....players grow in confidence.:whistle:
That was said with a lot of arrogance. So, Shelby is a better player only because she beat Andreescu, rather than Shelby's much improved fitness, or her win over Sakkari, or her wins over half a dozen other top ten players this year?

Andrseescu must be a very special player indeed. How fortunate for you.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
That was said with a lot of arrogance. So, Shelby is a better player only because she beat Andreescu, rather than Shelby's much improved fitness, or her win over Sakkari, or her wins over half a dozen other top ten players this year?

Andrseescu must be a very special player indeed. How fortunate for you.
I am truly blessed. :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Aaron.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,774 Posts
It was a struggle from the beginning but hard to beat someone with 3 UE. Hopefully Amanda bounces back in Toronto :smoke:

·
Premium Member
29,180 Posts
Literally every result that I (and I’m pretty sure the WTA) wanted didn’t happen today lol

Shelby played really well today and it’s hard to beat someone making so few errors.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Rogers played like an inform Pliskova so Anisimova didn’t really stand a chance. NID really.

Anisimova needs to improve her serve and movement if she ever wants to win a slam on hard courts/grass. She’s a good player but there’s always a big server or counter puncher waiting for her in the late stages who can keep the ball out of her strike zone & her game is then completely handicapped.

I wouldn’t completely rule out a Krejcikova/Ostapenko (fellow static big hitters who like to tee off the ball) run at RG. Her mental game this year is a lot more positive.
Animisova's serve is certainly one of the better serves on tour (it's the WTA we're talking about) in terms of pace and consistency, so I don't think it's any kind of liability. She's a tall, leggy, top-heavy lady (never noticed until recently how busty she's become), so her movement will never be like Gauff or Halep. She's still very young and her time will come.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Animisova's serve is certainly one of the better serves on tour (it's the WTA we're talking about) in terms of pace and consistency, so I don't think it's any kind of liability. She's a tall, leggy, top-heavy lady (never noticed until recently how busty she's become), so her movement will never be like Gauff or Halep. She's still very young and her time will come.
it needs to be better to compensate her poor movement. She was comprehensively outserved by Rogers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
She could get a breast reduction like Simona did.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts