Tennis Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
1,913 Posts
So happy for Kuds but gosh MOH can do no wrong, Sakkari, Badosa, Saba and Ryba are getting trashed but the real no 2 is still the chosen one.

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Wow I did not expect this result, but Veronika is quietly up to #8 in the race :eek2:

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is why we can’t have nice things 😔 why do we even bother having rankings anymore lol

Well done to the winner but really disappointed in Ons
Nice TS reference. On another note, I don't think we should be disappointed in Ons because, from what I watched, Kudermetova was playing incredibly well, consistently hitting deep, heavy, and fast strokes. Looked like a top 5 player out there today

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Disappointing performance from Ons. 😢

Good performance from Kudermetova though. She really should have achieved more than what she has so far in her career.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Ons was completely off when it mattered, then played 2-3 nice points just to still lose the game anyway.

Kudermetova feels like another player that will make the top10 with mostly average results (as in QFs/SFs), get a target on her back and start losing to everyone.
QF/SFs are exactly what Top 10 player should be striving for consistently…..now for a Top 5 player, it’s a different story.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kudie is and always will be the biggest dark horse in any tournament as far as I’m concerned. And that is not a statement I make based on current results/career achievements (obviously). It’s about her potential and weapons. Her ceiling is sky high. Kvitova level but a better mover. She was amazing today plain and simple.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Kudie is and always will be the biggest dark horse in any tournament as far as I’m concerned. And that is not a statement I make based on current results/career achievements (obviously). It’s about her potential and weapons. Her ceiling is sky high. Kvitova level but a better mover. She was amazing today plain and simple.
Have to disagree. She takes insane risk with her shot selection but lacks the power of many big hitters. High risk but low reward.

i imagine Rogers will take the time away from her away with big serves & kudermetova will still try to hit winners off return anyway.

good athlete but low IQ game.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have to disagree. She takes insane risk with her shot selection but lacks the power of many big hitters. High risk but low reward.

i imagine Rogers will take the time away from her away with big serves & kudermetova will still try to hit winners off return anyway.

good athlete but low IQ game.
I see what you mean. But I just think her raw potential is scary. The serve is huge. Groundstrokes are huge. She’s a good mover and great at the net. She does take huge risk that’s correct. But I feel like her peak level is scary good. If she made better decisions on court she would be top 10 by now

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
This Kudermetova girl is quite good, solid from both wings and fluid serve, can approach the net (!) and manages well the defense/offense transition, but for some reason she seems to fly below the radar all the time.

·
Registered
59,381 Posts
So that victory over Camilla, my future wife and mother of my children, was no fluke. Okay, so I need to have my head examined! So what! You can not say that @Ellentonboy lacks a sense of humor!
the Giorgi obsession is a bit too much :oh:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts