Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,774 Posts
The Russians are coming back. I won't be surprised if Kudermetova reaches USO QF and makes a push for YEC. It's really unfortunate Giorgi had to play her in R1.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Wow, it's a very good win for Veronika. I did not see this coming at all!*

Jabeur here was playing like she used to pre 2021 season, quite a lot of bad shot selection and unforced errors, there's a disappointing outcome. That last game looked like she just checked out.

*I was oblivious to their H2H btw.

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
13,912 Posts
Ons was completely off when it mattered, then played 2-3 nice points just to still lose the game anyway.

Kudermetova feels like another player that will make the top10 with mostly average results (as in QFs/SFs), get a target on her back and start losing to everyone.

·
Registered
120,581 Posts
Kudermetova might make a YEC run. She had a big FO also
She's going to see Swiatek early next week

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow, Kudermetova with actually more winners (30) than UEs (25). You don't see that every day.

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
Fantastic performance from Kuds, especially in the second set, aggressive, easy power, few errors, and you could see she had rattled Ons by the end. She now has 3-0 head to head vs Ons, and indeed has good head to heads against many top players (3-0 Kontaveit, 4-2 Badosa, 2-1 Pliskova and many wins against others too 4-5 Bencic, 1-0 Osaka, 1-0 Azarenka, 1-2 Sabalenka) which indicate how much of a danger player she is when she is playing as well as this, the problems have been more converting these wins into reaching the latter stages of slams and bigger tournaments.

Ons joins the list of previously on-form players from the first half of the year stuttering over the last couple of weeks (see also Rybakina and Swiatek), it will be interesting to see if this is just a blip.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
That was impressive from Veronika, she was clutch on big points,returned very well,she was ready for Ons 1st serve on the T, all players should.She played well tactically too as she was very agressive and didn't let time for Ons to use her variety.

She is so underrated despiste her good year and her good results and she has a good H2H against top 10 I think it's 10W-12L now.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
This is why we can’t have nice things 😔 why do we even bother having rankings anymore lol

Well done to the winner but really disappointed in Ons
Rankings are used for seedings that's why they exist

·
Registered
36,860 Posts
Great win for Kuder! Proving she’s here to stay in the top 20, and not just a fleeting visit.

Reactions: FERLKE
1 - 20 of 38 Posts