41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
120,602 Posts
Kasatkina plays Andreescu R1 Toronto

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
41,205 Posts
See, this is that one side from Sabalenka that really makes me think that she shouldn't get back to #2, it's that defeatist attitude that she has, and what's worrying is that it doesn't even seem like this is a trait of immaturity, I think that she's not going to grow out of it.
I will go further. She shouldn't stay in the top 10. But soon Dasha will quite deservedly be taking Aryna's place in the top 10 away from her. It won't be long.

·
Registered
640 Posts
the problem of Aryna's mentality all the time hence the DF

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
41,205 Posts
The irrelevant Sabalenka that is 6th in the live ranks, and less than 200 points from being Top 10 for the year…..just nearly made yet another WTA 500 SF. Darn, this woman is just so irrelevant.

I need to open a dictionary thread here at TF, there’s quite a few folks that need to use their words better. Can’t have these irrelevant posters going around making brainless threads full of mediocre content, insulting replies and contradictions that spread fraudulent info and ignorance.
You do realise the way she "nearly" made another WTA 500 SF was by beating a lucky loser ranked 168 in the 2nd round in three sets, don't you? That is the only player she beat this tournament. If you genuinely feel the need to spin such a result as a successful tournament this action actually better reflects how poorly Sabalenka is playing at the moment than anything I could post.

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
Daria’s 5th SF of the year! (Adelaide, Sydney, Rome, FO & now San Jose). With several tournaments left to go Daria could well surpass her CHR of 10 she first obtained in 2018. She could be one of the players in the running for comeback of the year award.

·
Premium Member
29,183 Posts
I wonder if Sabalenka had a shoulder injury she isn’t telling us about? Otherwise it seems pretty shocking that someone who is supposed to be one of the best in the world can’t perform one of the fundamentals of the game?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You do realise the way she "nearly" made another WTA 500 SF was by beating a lucky loser ranked 168 in the 2nd round in three sets, don't you? That is the only player she beat this tournament. If you genuinely feel the need to spin such a result as a successful tournament this action actually better reflects how poorly Sabalenka is playing at the moment than anything I could post.
No no no. This was a jab at one of the resident clown posters! She’s playing like hot garbage atm, but some ppl feel the make baseless statements about her presence on tour.

But the reality is that Aryna has still made 2 Finals this year and is mere points from being Top 10 in the race…..she’s still very much relevant on tour.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I re-iterate that Russia is not allowing Belarusians to win against their overlord athletes.

·
Registered
21,519 Posts
Daria’s 5th SF of the year! (Adelaide, Sydney, Rome, FO & now San Jose). With several tournaments left to go Daria could well surpass her CHR of 10 she first obtained in 2018. She could be one of the players in the running for comeback of the year award.
She will be number 9 if she wins the title.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
No no no. This was a jab at one of the resident clown posters! She’s playing like hot garbage atm, but some ppl feel the make baseless statements about her presence on tour.

But the reality is that Aryna has still made 2 Finals this year and is mere points from being Top 10 in the race…..she’s still very much relevant on tour.
do u still keep posting stupid comments? at least you backpedalled here and found her game not satisfactory (u were thinking her as a contender for the slams in the previous post).

the girl commits +15dfs per match, loses to top players precisely bec. of this problem (wins sets and loses matches, has more winners than unforced errors bar dfs) and struggles vs n+180s precisely because of this problem (was leading 3-1. 30-0 to dolehide and than committed 4dfs and lost the set after, let alone this, she was almost losing to paquet this year because of the yips), loses confidence, her game identity precisely because of this problem, getting bagels precisely because of this problem and u are brainless enough to find this baseless? can there be a better reasoning than this for finding her irrelevant for top 20 tennis or winning a title because she is gifting +15 free points (the actual toll is double indeed) to her opponents? had wimbledon points counted, she would have probably exited early and gone to outside top 20 live race. what is her record vs top 30 players this year? max 2-3 wins i would imagine. she has made 2 Finals on the clay season where she had committed less than 10 dfs per match and flopped badly in the finals bec. her frustration on serve let her down just like in this match and margin for double faults are very low in the finals due to pressure.

irrelevant: having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue and the subject at issue is being a contender for winning titles and against elite opponents as i mentioned in my previous posts.

i am happy that you have shown some boldness for the first time and found her relevant for top 10 live race. we will see if her double fault problem continues.

are u also deceiving the people around you by giving such lame motivational comments? (come on girl you barely beat wn 180 and were almost making a sf in this tournament, this is such a huge achievement for you as a former top2 player). i bet you haven`t watched a single match from her this year and just talking according to results as you often do which is a reflection of banality.

i can not imagine the drag you would have gotten from me if these convo were done in my mother language. i am happy though bec. in that case my comments could have come to you so violent mentally so it is better.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
thank you for pushing him to write his own opinions/analysis for the first time. the guy often posts huge garbage body texts mostly for targeted cursing purposes and with literally 0 insight (just a couple of basic stats) in them and thinks himself as right because there is no room for counter argumentation and his ignorance on this subject matter which is clear for me since i think, he has yet to watch a match from saba this year, neither he is able to read stats logically but still objected my arguments which is fitting to the confidence of "ignorance is bliss" type of guys)

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
in between, if you are thinking sabalenka committed +20 double faults in her matches, it is wrong, she often misses the next shot wildly after committing a double fault in %90 of the cases due to lack of confidence so the actual toll is double. it takes some time for her to regroup during her serve games and she gives a lot of unnecessary efforts to hold her serves. you can see from the serve games scores 0-15 holds are rare and i think 0 in this match. but you are free to believe in stupid comments instead of this.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts