Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
Considering his match against Nicholas yesterday...
I would find it great that Pete wins this match "at his age :eek: " but I still have in mind his final match after the fantastic battle against Agassi at last year US Open... so no prediction :eek: .

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,113 Posts
If it was scheduled at daytime, it would be Marat in 3 or 4 with probably one hardfought set and then blowout. But organizers love Pete Sampras. He would most likely have lost to Escude should they have played in daytime. So they put him to play in the cool of night again. It won't help this time. Safin.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's just embarrassing how the organizers bend over backwards and give Sampras 2 night matches in a row. That's unheard of! And the rest of the world can't follow this match.

Over the years, reverse psychology has worked for me many times. So, I'll predict Sampras in 4 sets. Udachi Marat!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I agree, Sampras is their only trump card on hand in the men singles (although I love to see Federer and Safin play, but not in many people mind). I truthfully think that if they give Sampras one day match and he is out of this open. I have a feeling that Sampras will pull off this one though.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I think that Norm Chryst controversy will spur Safin to be more determined to win just like it did to Hewitt in the USO. His form is great at the moment too.

Marat in 4 sets.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Safin would repeat his performance at the US Open. 3 convincing straight sets.;)

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
now that Rodger is out of this one...

COME ON MARAT!!!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Thanks Tenn_ace! ;)
I have faith in Marat....

Bravo Marat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts