Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam has an easily winnable first round match up...

(27) Sybille Bammer AUT vs bye
Sofia Arvidsson SWE vs Samantha Stosur AUS
Mathilde Johansson FRA vs (WC) Sania Mirza IND
(2) Dinara Safina RUS vs bye

She has a chance to beat Bammer (who withdrew from IW with a shoulder injury)... and then she can take it to Dinara!!! HOPEFULLY

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
good draw:) she should beat sofia and shes a better player than sybille, she just has to play decent and not choke:) carn sammy!

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Great chance for Sam to win her 1r I must agree :) I wouldn't underestimate Bammer though she can make life difficult for Sam with the game she has. Hopefully they won't be any choking this week from Sam...one does hope.

Smash em Sam :yeah:

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Good Luck Sam, take it one match at a time. No thought of the c word, ok.

Nice signuature Droolv. :lol: :)

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
I am worried about Bammer, she was obviously playing decently last week. Not sure how serious her injury was...

It would be good for Sam to get a crack at Safina, if she keeps getting to stages in tournaments where she is playing agaisnt the best in the world, it can only be a good thing. She just needs that one big win...

Go Sammy:)!

·
Registered
10,104 Posts
Its a pretty good draw, she can get the first two matches, but then its Safina...One step at at time though.

·
Registered
16,700 Posts
I'm not a huge Stosur fan, I think this is the first time I've come into her forum actually. :eek: But I saw the title of this thread from the Aus & NZ main forum and made up a song from the words "Sammy in Miami" and begun to sing it. Slow day...

So I wish her good luck in Miami, because she really has a chance to make that match against Safina. First things first, she really should beat Arvidsson quite handily. :)

·
Registered
15,816 Posts
Court 3 (from 10.00hrs)
1. Voskoboeva vs. Dushevina
2. Arvidsson vs. Stosur
3. Koryttseva vs. Cirstea

Go Sam :rocker2:

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
woo:)

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Nice start, too bad for Arvidsson.

Hopefully now Sam can beat Bammer. She has a winning record, so mentally that will work in her favour.

·
Registered
10,104 Posts
Good work, lucky start there! Good luck against Bammer, c'mon Sam :D!

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Well Done Sam, solid start

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Wow, I expected her to win...but what a way to win :)

Hopefully it is a confidence booster for her next big match agaisnt Dinara. PLEASE WIN!

No hopes this time, I am expecting a choke or something so I don't think it will bother me that much anymore. I just hope she gets herself in a good position to take a set or the match just so she can prove to herself once again that she can compete with the best.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts