Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw is out so i though i may as well start the thread...

Sam's Section...

S. Williams VS BYE
Y-J. Chan VS S. Errani
S. Stosur VS M. Rybarikova
J. Zheng VS Q

Tough draw for Sam with Rybarikova making the semis in Pattaya this week and also being in the same section as Serena, however Serena did withdraw from Paris.

Good luck Sammy, hopefully she can get through the 1st round but it will be tough!

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Very tough draw for Sam :sad: But she has been playing well lately. So hopefully she can bring some good form into the match and come away with a win :yeah:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Tough draw but I still believe she can get to the quarters. Magda might have a bit of a let down and Jie is still injured. Then she can do her best agaisnt Serena probably :)

REVENGE!!!

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Yeah, by no means an easy draw for Sam. I wouldn't underestimate any of the opponents that she goes up against just because they're tired or injured - they are still dangerous.

But if she can play up to her best, then she can make some inroads.

Also she's seeded No.3 with Rennae in the dubs.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
In case people don't know much about Magda I will explain some of the limited knowledge I have after seeing her play.

She actually has quite a lot of similarities with Sam's game. She has a big first serve and can direct it pretty much anywhere, it isn't unusual to see her serve and volleying. She uses a slice backhand effectively but she can be quite inconsistent in ground stroke rallies and most of the time wins points by frustrating her opponents with good shot selection and/or coming to the net to finish the point quickly. She isn't going to smack Sam off the court and she is still quite young and inexperienced.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good luck Sam, if she plays her best Rybarikova and Zheng shouldn't be an obstacle.

So she continues to play doubles with Stubbs. What happened to "focus on singles" ;) ?

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Sam holds after saving 3 BP's :hearts: 1-1 Lets go Sammy :rocker:

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Sam breaks :woohoo: *2-1.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
3-1 :hearts: Good stuff Sam =]

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
*3-2 Important game here for Sam. Hopefully she can keep her foot on the pedal.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts