Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think it's time she deserves her OWN thread. She's had a pretty good year so far and has just recieved a WC into the MD of the AEGON Classic in Birmingham!:eek:

She plays Anna Tatishvilli who is ranked more than 600 places above Sam. :unsure:

Hoping for Sam to assert herself well, but a win is very unlikely. :sad:

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
If she can score a win, I will be impressed.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lost 7-5 6-1 but it's not a bad result.:shrug: Taking 6 games against someone ranked that much higher than herself is a good result! After looking at the stats it was her serve which seemed to let her down but that can only be put down to nerves.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Sam and Francesca Stephenson won the Wimbledon wildcard play-offs!

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plays Camilla Giorgi ITA in round one of qualifying.

Giorgi apparently has played only one tournament on grass before (Felixstowe '07 where she lost R2) so Sam does have a chance. However, Camilla is tipped as being a future star so I'm not expecting a win from Sam.

Still hope she can get the win though, GL Sam! :cheer:

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^
Lost R1 in Q to Giorgi BUT has qualified and has won her R1 match at the $50k Pozoblanco against a player ranked almost 300 places above her! Onwards and upwards for Sam!

Plays Daniliidou next....should be a good experience for her. :)

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(Feel like I'm talking to myself:lol:)

But Sam just lost 7-5 6-1 to Daniliidou. Missed the match but a poster in the tournament thread said she had good potential. :yeah:

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Sam is really shooting up the charts. She strated the year inranked and now finds herself at 535. That's impressive. She just qualified for Woking-Foxhills. Lets hope she can run with it.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Lost in second round, but still promising.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Sam won the dubs title with Windley at the 10K Chiswick!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Sam qualified for Cairns but lost in round 1. She is in the dubs final though!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Murray wins a dubs title at 25K Darwin. She is building up a serious dubs ranking!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Sam starts her year at the 10K Glasgow. She won her first round match. I hope she can prove that she deserves her ranking and move up. I'd love to see her get into some WTA events.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts