Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2915 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Sammy Slays on Red Clay!!!

It looks like Rodina -> McHale -> Safarova

R1 is nice, R2 & R3 progressively tougher against clay court players. Neither of these are in form though, so all in all a fair draw.

Wozniacki SF and Pliskova final.

·
Registered
33,580 Posts
Re: Sammy Slays on Red Clay!!! :armed:

Thanks Stro, I did that and changed the title inside the title box, but I'm not sure if that is right. It's not a trainsmash anyway.. I eventually finished the first and second posts too.

Watching that Siegmund match.. Laura is a really scary clay court player!! It's amazing she doesn't play a fraction as well on hard courts!
You have to choose "go advanced" after selecting "edit". You should be able to change the title then

·
Registered
31,627 Posts

Thanks Stro, I did that and changed the title inside the title box, but I'm not sure if that is right. It's not a trainsmash anyway.. I eventually finished the first and second posts too.

Watching that Siegmund match.. Laura is a really scary clay court player!! It's amazing she doesn't play a fraction as well on hard courts!
She's a scary Stuttgart player, the jury is out on clay in general.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

You have to choose "go advanced" after selecting "edit". You should be able to change the title then
I did that but it seems it only changes that posts title see screenshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

She's a scary Stuttgart player, the jury is out on clay in general.
Stuttgart really is a surface on its own.. though I thought Sam's Madrid Semi-Final last year vs Halep that was played indoors due to rain, ended up very similar.

BTW, I see the new Russian PED looks to be winning Stuttgart this year. I don't think Halep is physically strong enough to take on PEDs but Siegmund in my opinion has a better chance.

Sam narrowly lost their Semi-Final in the 3rd set tie-break 10-8. Everyone held serve in the tie break except one point of her partner and they just couldn't manage to get the mini break back. It was so close. Ostapenko was so rude to her partner, I'm surprised they managed to hold it together, but they had TWO coaches coming on in the last few games to tell them to play as a team. Sam gelled really well with her partner. I would like them to stick together. Sam was sooooo bad at the net! :unsure: it's amazing they got that far!!

·
Registered
31,627 Posts

Stuttgart really is a surface on its own.. though I thought Sam's Madrid Semi-Final last year vs Halep that was played indoors due to rain, ended up very similar.

BTW, I see the new Russian PED looks to be winning Stuttgart this year. I don't think Halep is physically strong enough to take on PEDs but Siegmund in my opinion has a better chance.

Sam narrowly lost their Semi-Final in the 3rd set tie-break 10-8. Everyone held serve in the tie break except one point of her partner and they just couldn't manage to get the mini break back. It was so close. Ostapenko was so rude to her partner, I'm surprised they managed to hold it together, but they had TWO coaches coming on in the last few games to tell them to play as a team. Sam gelled really well with her partner. I would like them to stick together. Sam was sooooo bad at the net! :unsure: it's amazing they got that far!!
Siegemund lives in Stuttgart, literally minutes away from Stuttgart courts. She probably plays on them all year round, knows them inside and out.

·
Registered
33,580 Posts

I did that but it seems it only changes that posts title see screenshot.
The old title remains in all posts up to the point where you changed the OP, and in all posts that quote those old posts. New posts should show the new title:)

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Siegemund lives in Stuttgart, literally minutes away from Stuttgart courts. She probably plays on them all year round, knows them inside and out.
Probably.. I'm the same with my local court I started playing on from the beginning. Just play SO much better there!!

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Re: Sammy Slays on Red Clay!!!!

Thanks, I did delete 'armed' yesterday though and it did nothing. But today, after you confirmed I had been doing it correctly, I reckoned something was wrong, so I added an exclamation mark! That seems to have unhinged the problem. :lol: :yeah: It still took a couple of posts to register though :SNE:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

This team should stay together in my opinion. But Sam needs to be more active, and accurate, at the net, without exposing her trams. They could be lethal.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Registered
31,627 Posts

It wouldn't have been right if she didn't have someone evil to play in the final. I'm not sure I would bet against Siegemund Frau.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

It wouldn't have been right if she didn't have someone evil to play in the final. I'm not sure I would bet against Siegemund Frau.
I like Halep and would have liked her to win, but this Siegemund is something else here in Stuttgart.. Her movement on her shots fascinate me.. she looks like she is headbanging and jumping like a rabbit at the same time as hitting the ball! :lol: Her drop shots are in the league of Sevastova (although Sevastova's drop shots have lost form and don't compare to the Frau's). She has a nice energy about her, even though she is full of antics. I don't think she is evil or full of herself like some other players. But also, I think I would have a different view if it weren't a German tournament and she wasn't an underdog ito ranking. There is just something about an underdog local winning their tournament. Though I must say, I hope Mladenovic wins this, since she took out the.. what to call her.. Villain is too good a word.. Anyway, I will definitely be rooting for Mladdie tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

I never thought she was hot until this week, not sure why that is.
Confidence, attitude, spirit, fighting for the moral high ground like a Joan of Arc, with dignity.. she showed that today, and it comes through in this picture. I do think she has a bright future ahead of her.

·
Registered
31,627 Posts

Confidence, attitude, spirit, fighting for the moral high ground like a Joan of Arc, with dignity.. she showed that today, and it comes through in this picture. I do think she has a bright future ahead of her.
Well Joan of Arc was certainly hot, at the end. :eek:h:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
61 - 80 of 2915 Posts